PDA

View Full Version : downloading sounds on FX3?

demetric
10-15-2010, 07:58 PM
I have not had any luck with adding sounds to my FX3 and was wondering if anyone else was having any problems with it? I got windows Vista and dialup and that is probably the problem right there. I got the utility downloaded, but my problem has been downloading the sound and putting it on my desktop and getting it from my desktop to my FX3 is where the delima lies. :confused: Thank you for any help in advance.

Big Tim
10-16-2010, 04:49 AM
Hi Demetric,

If you've got the sound on your desktop you've got most of the battle won. Vista or the dial up shouldn't be any problem so don't worry about that. Foxpro has some very good instructions to solve your dilemma. CLICK HERE (http://www.gofoxpro.com/resources/program3.php)for the step by step instructions and a video that helps walk you through it. Your main issue is "telling" the programming utility where to find the sound you have on the desktop. The programming utility, by default, will be looking for it in a different location. The instructions should help you solve that. Good luck.

demetric
10-16-2010, 03:10 PM
I went through the instructions and still have a problem getting my new downloaded sounds off the desktop to the sorce sound file...what am I doing wrong?

nutria
10-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Demetric, are you trying to use sounds downloaded as a Sound Pack or are you trying to use the FoxPro free sounds? I can't remember if the Sound Packs are Zipped or not. If they are, you will have to unzip them to a folder and then you would copy them from that folder to the FX3.

I am using Vista and an FX3 but not dial up. I'm sure we can get this straightened out.

Nutria

demetric
10-17-2010, 11:00 AM
I was trying to get some of the free downloads they offer and get use to downloading so I can purchase some new sounds too. I'm sure it gets easier after the first time...lol. I'll see about trying to unzip the files first.

nutria
10-17-2010, 12:55 PM
OK - I was going to suggest just that. The free sounds are ready to go when you download them. Just stick them in your folder that you will use to store your sounds. Then you should be able to load them into the FX3 using the programmer. Good luck...;)

nutria

demetric
10-17-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm not the most knowledgeable guy on computers...lol. The fx3 has choosen the "g" drive and I guess I'm not understanding which drive I need to put the sounds in to transfer them to the "g" drive? I was guessing the "c" drive. Thank you for the patience.

nutria
10-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Demetric - I sent you a PM

nutria