PDA

View Full Version : Printing Sounds Question

Big Tim
09-22-2010, 05:58 AM
Programming Utility instructions say:

"left click the Print List button. This will print you out two lists on one sheet of paper

I only get one list and it's much to large to put on the back of my TX-500 call, am I doing something wrong?

Possumal
09-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Big Tim: Why are you trying to print a sound list when you have your sounds showing on your TX-500 remote window? I know a lot of people used to print the sound list when using a FX-3 but it was only 32 sounds.

team dukhunt
09-22-2010, 11:12 AM
i dont now how to print off foxpro to put on a remote or if its even possible but what i have done with the spitfire when i had it was just go on microsoft word and type them in one right below each other and just use a small font

Possumal
09-22-2010, 01:22 PM
team dukhunt: I used to do the same thing with Word. I liked to type 10 sounds in two columns, big, dark font, a total of 20 to a page. I'd do the same thing on the right half of the page. Then fold it half, giving you 20 on one side and 20 on the back. Then laminate it and you could lay it on the ground, even on snow, and easily read it. I'd still be doing that if I wanted an extensive sound list. Kinko's has a small laminated booklett you could put multiple pages in and it would be waterproof.

Big Tim
09-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Al,
I want a hard copy and the utility instructions say "left click the Print List button. This will print you out two lists on one sheet of paper", but I'm only getting one. Wondered what the "second" list looks like, size etc. So wanted to know if anyone else had tried to print their sound list and if they were only getting the one list also... maybe the instructions were not updated when the utility program was revised.

Possumal
09-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Tim, I can't answer that one. I haven't heard of anybody wanting to do that, but it makes sense. I am sure the customer reps could answer that if you drop them an email or call them. Maybe one of them will see this thread.

Big Tim
09-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi Al,

Love the Fury but with so many sounds loaded I'm thinking it might be quicker to go directly to a particular number sound than scroll through them. Once I use that particular sound a few times I'm sure I'll get the number memorized but I learn faster when it's more "visual"... Kinda like my DirecTv channel numbers ;-).

Possumal
09-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Tim, I understand. I have all my sounds on the Fury and the CS-24 arranged in such a way that I know the number group they fall in so I can scroll to that group quicker. That being said, I mainly use the ten presets, and then toggle back and forth between two sounds of choice with the recall button. If customers show up, and I want to stop them by stopping the caller, my preset 0 is my favorite coaxer, Cronk Lip Squeak, set on zero volume. With Foxbang set to go, when the gun goes off, it automatically goes into my preset 1, Coyote Death Cry..

Big Tim
09-23-2010, 04:17 AM
Al,
Interesting system on the sounds, I've been trying to come up with one other than alphabetization. I'll have give it some consideration. I'm in the midst of setting up my presets right now and considering getting Foxbang installed so I also appreciate the suggestions on that too.

Possumal
09-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Tim, I just hooked my Fury up to the computer, opened the programmer, and clicked on "G" in the right hand column. I only have 80 sounds on there and they are numbered 000, 002, 004, etc., to keep a space between each sound, making them easier for old eyes to read. I left clicked on the print button, and it printed them out in 4 columns on one sheet. If I had a lot more sounds, like maybe 200, it may have printed them on two sheets. I can't answer that.

Big Tim
09-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Al,
4 Columns on mine too. Got response back from FP and they said the double lists are only applicable to the callers with fewer sounds... not the Fury. They are going to make that clearer in the instructions.

Thanks for the follow up... BTW tried to get the Cronk lip squeek but the link on coyotegods.com no longer has the file available. It talks about it but the box containing the file is empty.

Possumal
09-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I think that applied originally to the FX3 with 32 sounds, making the two column list fit on the back of the remote. I guess it would do the same for the Spitfire, etc.