PDA

View Full Version : New Firestorm Problem

SAHC
06-12-2010, 02:17 PM
hey guys...received my new Firestorm and I am thrilled with the new improvements...minor problem though I am hoping you guys can walk me through...when programming the new caller...my labtop sees and reads the sound files already on the caller when viewed on the source or left side of program....BUT...when I Select Device on the right side with the proper external drive for the caller, no files are found and the additional selections such as Backup and insert and overwrite...which should become active at this point..remain inactive....anyway, my question is why can I see and read the caller on the Source side but not find it on the Select Device side of the program ??...everything is in place and USB cable correct..etc. ...any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks

Possumal
06-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Not sure if I am understanding exactly what you are saying, but it sounds like you are trying to use the Firestorm as the source and as the device to put the sounds on too. As I understand it, the source side is your sound files folder, whatever you call it, and the Firestorm will be on the right when you click on the drop down arrow as where you want to put the new sounds. When you choose a sound, you can then click where you want it to go and click insert. Look the directions over real close and see if that makes sense. I don't have a Firestorm to look at but that is close to the way the programmer works.

SAHC
06-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I know it sounds odd....I have programmed other FX3s many times with never a problem....usually you would select somewhere on your C drive in the left column ...where ever you store your sound files and then in the right column you select device..whichever external drive your computer displays as your caller....and there is my problem, it does not see my caller and the files on it...when chosen from the right column ...still scratching my head over this one..it sees all files in the left but nothing in the right column which is where you organize and transfer files to the caller

Possumal
06-12-2010, 08:16 PM
If it is not recognizing your Firestorm, that sounds like it is possibly a computer problem. Your sound file on the left, your ecaller on the right, as I recall.

SAHC
06-12-2010, 08:33 PM
just tried it again with my FX3..found the caller immediately when selected on the right column...showed all files on caller and displayed model number of caller in small column over pulldown for drive selection on upper right

Possumal
06-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Try seeing if the computer will recognize the Firestorm independent of the Programming Utility. If the computer won't recognize it, the problem lies therein.

SAHC
06-13-2010, 08:20 AM
no..the laptop finds and sees the files on the caller right away

Possumal
06-13-2010, 09:16 AM
That indicates to me that either there is a problem in the Firestorm itself or you need to click on the drop down arrow on the right side to see if it shows up over there when using the programmer.

SAHC
06-13-2010, 11:08 AM
at this point I must assume there is an issue within the caller

Steve Dillon
06-13-2010, 11:25 AM
SAHC,
The program utility does not recognize the Firestorm or Scorpion X1B just yet. We are working on the new Utility and it should be ready next week some time.

Regards,
Steve

Possumal
06-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks Steve. I had not read that anywhere and was running out of solutions to try to help SAHC. So he should be able to manually load his sounds from the pc to the Firestorm.

SAHC
06-13-2010, 03:40 PM
excellent...thanks Steve...no big deal, I can wait until you guys update the program..at least I know it is not me doing something wrong or have to worry about sending my new Firestorm back already....please send me a quick note when the new program is available

FP Jarrod
06-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Hey SAHC,

The new programming utility is now available. You can download it from our website from the following link:

http://www.gofoxpro.com/software/program.php

This should solve your problem!

SAHC
06-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Excellent..thanks guys....for the time being, I changed the name of the caller to FX5 and the program ran with no problem...will update to the new programmer now anyway