PDA

View Full Version : Decoys

Dana57
03-09-2017, 10:04 PM
How many of you use decoys for crows

jacobhwrd
05-02-2017, 03:30 PM
Sorry about the delayed response. I havent been on the forum in a while. I use anywhere from 6-24 depending on where im at. Pulic land i have to walk everything in by myself so i have a paticular setup for that. It all fits in one XL Drake Blind Bag. That gives me 5 GHG decoys on the ground and 1 in the tree as a sentry. If i am hunting a corn field or feed lot where i know a lot are showing up through out the day then i go all out and will throw everything i have at them. The only time i dont use decoys is for run and gun (which i dont do often) or when i just roam the woods and pick them off with my 17 hmr. Its not as action packed but a TON of fun if you arent going for a body count that day. I take 100 rounds (never used that many) something to eat for lunch and some water and just go were ever i hear them.

Mainehunt
10-16-2017, 01:25 PM
I use them every time I call. I start out with 6 flocked dekes. As I kill crows, I often grab some dead crows and shove a sharpened stick from their vent hole, up through body and into neck. Then push the other end of the stick into the ground.

It makes a great decoy that looks very real, obviously.

SWAMPBUCK10PT
10-16-2017, 06:10 PM
I use a few decoys at a set[2--5] along with Fox Pro's Dying crow sound-almost instant action--Works Great when calling coyotes also---------SB