PDA

View Full Version : Backed up Sounds

nutria
02-25-2010, 10:25 AM
After buying a pack of sounds for my FX-3, I backed up the original sounds to my hard drive. I had no problems backing them up and installing the new sounds on the FX-3. The problem I have now is that the sounds that are backed up don't have the original FoxPro numbers/names on them, an example being "B00 Raspy Woodpecker" is now "007 Raspy Woodpecker". I want to buy more sounds but don't want to duplicate the sounds I have and I can't seem to figure out exactly what I have when compared to the sound list from FoxPro. I have the original invoice from when the call was purchased but it is no help in identifying what I have.

Is there any way to figure out the original FoxPro numbers? I have a "Bill Austin's KI-YI" sound but I can't find it on the list of FoxPro's sounds. "MB Pups" is another. Am I missing something here (besides brains) that may help me figure the original names?:confused:

Nutria

jcwa
02-25-2010, 01:18 PM
The easyest way would be to go to the sound preview forum and find a sound with the same name and listen to the sound on your caller. If it is the same sound just rename the sound on the computer with the sound number and title.

http://www.gofoxpro.com/fpsounds/index.php

nutria
02-25-2010, 03:12 PM
I tried it for a little while but I drove our dog wild! :p Do you know if the sample sounds all start at the beginning? It looks like some of the sounds I have are either renamed or discontinued but I think I'll be able to weed out the ones I have or at least really similar to the ones I have so I don't double up on them.

Thanks for the help. I also believe that the original sounds I got with the caller are not the MarkII sounds which makes it a little easier to identify.

Nutria

jcwa
02-25-2010, 08:16 PM
No, the previews don't all start at the beginning. They did delete some of the older sounds and replace them with new sounds with the same name.

nutria
02-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Ok, thanks for the help... I think I finally got them all sorted out. I had to guess on one or two that I think were discontinued sounds. At least I won't duplicate them!

I love this caller! :)

Nutria