PDA

View Full Version : crow calling

chico
01-25-2016, 11:39 AM
How long do you let the call run on stand when the crows stop flying in. And we ran into one of our sports we can here the crows but would dont come in. we have not hunted that sport in 4 years not to say someone hasn't hunted it. how would you hunt it.

GoodOlBoy
01-25-2016, 11:51 AM
I personally call pretty well non stop trying various different calls till something works. If it doesn't work move to a different spot for the same birds. Sometimes they don't come as they are content where they are at. Sounds like to me they have been messed with but it's hard to say. We have the same problem at times, we could see the flock and they just would not budge, happens that way sometimes.

chico
01-25-2016, 11:59 AM
Thank you I will have to try and get permission to hunt the where they are. and give it a try

Chris B
01-25-2016, 12:01 PM
We use hand calls exclusively to start until we spot a crow flying in the distance or if we hear one "in the zone", AKA its pretty close (guessing within 250 yards). We have gotten to the point that when we hear one caw close by, we can immediately tell if its in the danger zone.... From there we play "crow fight" and they come right in. I play at most, 2 rounds of crow fight and then turn off and give them a few minutes before resuming to the hand calls. We will then hold off on the crow fight for atleast 10 minutes unless the cycle starts all over again. Also, if we got a visual on the birds, we will let crow fight play until we kill them or they all fly away.

SWAMPBUCK10PT
01-25-2016, 12:19 PM
My best luck has been the dying crow sound and struggling crow sounds--I also use them when calling coyotes hope this helps

chico
01-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys I will give it a try .your replys have been help full

GoodOlBoy
01-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Crows are also really smart. They seem dumb a time or two then that's it, there on your game. Sometimes if they've been hunted a break is a good idea. We had some thay recognized my pickup, took buddies car and they would come in. Darn bird brains anyways!

Chris B
01-25-2016, 03:40 PM
Crows are also really smart. They seem dumb a time or two then that's it, there on your game. Sometimes if they've been hunted a break is a good idea. We had some thay recognized my pickup, took buddies car and they would come in. Darn bird brains anyways!

just moving your setup a couple hundred yards will get them fired back up as well