PDA

View Full Version : Raven sighting in PA

QUATTRO
03-08-2015, 08:09 PM
I am certain this is a raven and not a crow..took these pics the other day at a McDonalds just outside Hershey..undoubtedly much larger than a common crow and a very thick beak..in fact, it was so "large" that my wife, who spotted it first, said, "look at the size of that crow!"...Perhaps this isn't a big deal but, I was under the impression that they were all but extinct decades ago and that there was a very meager comeback being made here in the state and they were still very scarce. Feel free to fill me in. I've never seen one while afield, even in some of the more vast wilderness tracts in PA..

XNAVYORDIE
03-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Must have got lost looking for M&T Bank Stadium a bit further southeast....

QUATTRO
03-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Guess the pic would have helped

2manyguns
03-08-2015, 10:45 PM
that is definitely a raven we have a unlimited supply of them, we can torpedoe as many as we like any time of the year, the only problem the buggers have un believable eye site so you really need to be on your game to get a shot at them before they bust you

XNAVYORDIE
03-10-2015, 09:05 PM
I thought they were purple?

Preydeception
03-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Not extinct here in Oregon. Looks like the ones we have out here. We also have some crows. Maybe they are taking the coyotes advice and movin' east?