PDA

View Full Version : Foxbang magic

a4driver
02-21-2015, 10:25 AM
Just started using my Fury 2 for crows. I've hunted for several years with the Johnny Stewart cassette caller and what an improvement the Fury 2 is.
I've had great luck using the Fighting Crows sound to attract and then the Dying Crow sound on the Foxbang option. I found that when multiple crows were coming in and after shooting the first crow, the Foxbang activated Dying Crow sound would sometimes result in crows returning to the caller. Doesn't work every time but when it does a nice surprise for multiple kills!!

chbarnha
02-22-2015, 07:51 PM
I use the fox bang all the time crow hunting and use dying crow for when the gun goes off. Works more often than not, but i updated my sound list the other day and the number for crow switched w raccoon pup. I shot the first time and the sound changed. I was scrambling to get it off and low and behold the other crows in the group had turned and were dive bombing the caller. Dunno if it was just coincidence or not, but hey it worked that day, several times.

CrowCommander
03-10-2015, 12:00 AM
Dying crow is by far the best trick on crows, shot many using it on fox bang.One time this year I had em come in so hard I hit a double on "crows" then when the fox bang swapped I hit a triple then only had time to load one shell before I had to raise up and fold one more. As for the raccoon sound don't you just love when a screwup goes your way!!! Crows are often the first to check out any kind of distress, there probly looking for a free easy meal; but sometimes I wonder if they aren't alot like us red blooded Americans and love to see a good fight. The best thing I've found on crows is silence is deadly. Call some pound out a volley swap to distress pound another volley when they leave kill the call. Wait and let there curiosity build and when they rule up on their own hit em again. They'll sit in the trees saying "what the hell where's george, where's bob, where's pop " and if you got a decent flock you can pound on em all day without educating them

2manyguns
03-10-2015, 09:49 AM
I was out after coyotes last sunday I called one in with the female in heat call when he got in range I shot him and the fox bang switched over to dieing crow call and a cloud of magpies came in . I was hideing in a old pickup and managed to get three maggys before they figured out the game, I guess I should read the instructions on the fury 2

jacobhwrd
05-31-2015, 08:31 PM
I just upgraded from my wildfire to a crossfire shortly after crow season closed so i haven't had a chance to use the fox bang. Looks REALLY promising though.