PDA

View Full Version : found crows on accident

dog 70
02-13-2015, 01:19 PM
went out today to call coyotes,got a bit bored on my second set.saw a few crows so I hit the dying crow on my fuision and had crows all over me!! wish I had my shotgun .just wanting some advise on how to start next time when I take my shotgun! don't have a decoy yet.

jerhunts
02-13-2015, 04:25 PM
I had 15 circle me and land in the trees around me when I was playing baby cottontail. It was exhilarating becouse I have heard that they follow coyotes. No dogs showed but it was fun and great practice not spooking them for 18 min or so. I to thought about going back with the shotgun but don't know what noise to play.

CrowCommander
02-14-2015, 07:55 AM
I had 15 circle me and land in the trees around me when I was playing baby cottontail. It was exhilarating becouse I have heard that they follow coyotes. No dogs showed but it was fun and great practice not spooking them for 18 min or so. I to thought about going back with the shotgun but don't know what noise to play.

You made a great point about crows following coyotes, it can be the same for coyotes following them, crows are always lookin for an easy meal even better is that they are an extra set of eyes, just listen a quick Change in there voice to a quick alert sound often times they've spotted something may not be anything your hunting but something outta place much like squirrels in hardwoods can't guarantee what it was but something moved....ps go with the crows or crow fight first after you shoot go to dying crow may get a few more or curious song dog