PDA

View Full Version : Pounding a few with a hard wind and grey skies

CrowCommander
02-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Had a great shoot this mornin killed 33 with 5 birds that actually lit in the decoys,one bird got dropped with a belly full of corn that spilled from the sky when he attempted to hit the afterburner

SWAMPBUCK10PT
02-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Great fun-------sb

dog 70
02-13-2015, 01:08 PM
I went out today and tried a little coyote calling.got bored in my second set so I saw sum crows and hit the dying crow on my fuision. I had crows on me in a snap .Wish I had taken my shotgun.just wanting to know what sound to start with next time I will go back after them!!!

CrowCommander
02-13-2015, 01:09 PM
Thanks my photos aren't wanting to upload so all I have are stories

CrowCommander
02-13-2015, 01:24 PM
I went out today and tried a little coyote calling.got bored in my second set so I saw sum crows and hit the dying crow on my fuision. I had crows on me in a snap .Wish I had taken my shotgun.just wanting to know what sound to start with next time I will go back after them!!!

Really nearly any sound will work, if you got just a small family group of crows a fight sound will be enough to rile em up and make a quick fly by then you can come back with distress and hit em again.. I prefer finding long fields that hold a lot of birds or are near a lot of birds.that way the birds can see the decoys from a long ways and really drop some air. I usually start out with the standard crow sound and work the small groups that funnel in. If a big glock shows I'll hit the crow fight, but hadn't had a lot of success with the fight sounds too high pitch for my taste... My three tips to hunting are 1. Make sure you kill the scout 2.do your best to kill birds with one shot often times one shot won't register with them or override their jealousy when they hear birds in a field and see your dead bird fall and beat em to the food.3. Silence can be golden after I fire a volley and pick up the stragglers with distress I kill my call and wait for them to crank back up, curiosity has killed a lot of my birds often they will drop in before I call again