PDA

View Full Version : Fusion and batteries

riss6270
02-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Just wanted to see what other options are out there. I love my fusion but wish i could get longer life out of the batteries. I see they have a 12v but it says it is not for the fusion. Are there any other options for longer life??

Possumal
02-11-2015, 04:07 PM
What batteries are you using in the Fusion?

riss6270
02-11-2015, 05:36 PM
I'm using regular Duracell batteries. I changed the fusion to the correct type of battery. I would like to run a 12v battery. One that is used for a UPS. I see foxpro sells one but not for the fusion. I wouldike to get at least 6 to & hours of calling.

XNAVYORDIE
02-11-2015, 06:17 PM
I'm using regular Duracell batteries. I changed the fusion to the correct type of battery. I would like to run a 12v battery. One that is used for a UPS. I see foxpro sells one but not for the fusion. I wouldike to get at least 6 to & hours of calling.

There is your problem. I use the FoxPro batteries in my Fusion.....good for a couple nights of hunting. In fact, I have been using these for a few seasons starting with my Wildfire.....never had the low battery warning light flash on a stand until the other night when Md Archer and I were out....and that the was the last stand of the night/morning. I recharge about every 3 hunts.

Possumal
02-11-2015, 06:25 PM
XNAVYORDIE is telling you right. Every instruction manual advises that you use rechargeable batteries. If you want to use a 12V SLA, FoxPro sells a door that takes the place of your battery compartment door and your wire from your 12V SLA plugs right into it. A 2.3 AH SLA like Batteries Plus sells, a Weikel, will run a Fusion until the crows fly to roost and back. I can hunt all day with the 8 rechargeable aa batteries.

Yote Yoda USMC
02-11-2015, 07:31 PM
You will get that 6-8 hours of run time with some good f0xpr0 rechargeable batteries or Sanyo Eneloops

XNAVYORDIE
02-11-2015, 07:51 PM
XNAVYORDIE is telling you right. Every instruction manual advises that you use rechargeable batteries. If you want to use a 12V SLA, FoxPro sells a door that takes the place of your battery compartment door and your wire from your 12V SLA plugs right into it. A 2.3 AH SLA like Batteries Plus sells, a Weikel, will run a Fusion until the crows fly to roost and back. I can hunt all day with the 8 rechargeable aa batteries.

I follow your lead and tell things right Sir!

XNAVYORDIE
02-11-2015, 07:53 PM
You will get that 6-8 hours of run time with some good f0xpr0 rechargeable batteries or Sanyo Eneloops

....and then some....I was shocked to see the low battery light come on. Quick bath in the charger and good to go....

Although I do keep an extra set of charged batts in my FoxPro Vest and in the FoxPro carrying case.....how many times did I say FoxPro?...LOL

2manyguns
02-11-2015, 08:08 PM
I have been using the FoxPro rechargeables for about 5 years and still no signs they need to be replaced

XNAVYORDIE
02-11-2015, 09:29 PM
I have been using the FoxPro rechargeables for about 5 years and still no signs they need to be replaced

Agreed. I have a few seasons on mine and they still look and function as brand new.

riss6270
02-12-2015, 11:52 AM
foxpro batteries and charger ordered!! thanks for the info