PDA

View Full Version : Wildfire II programming issue

burghwolfe
01-18-2015, 03:45 PM
I recently bought an 8 pack of new sounds for my Wildfire II. I used the utility to add them and now I am having issues. Everything seemed ok when I added them but when I got into the field I noticed that I only had 20 sounds showing up. When I reopened the utility, it recognized the caller and I noticed that for some reason there was a black at sound 21 which makes sense that the remote only recognized 20. The issue now is that when I try to make any changes (e.g., changing the order to remove the blank, add or remove sounds), it won't let me. When I initially connect the call with the utility running, it recognizes it but it immediately gives me a window that asks if I want to scan and fix WF1, saying that there might be a problem with some files on the device. If I tell it to scan, it comes back telling me that I need to format the drive (which I think is likely a terrible idea). At that point, the utility doesn't recognize that the caller is connected anymore.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how this happened and how I can fix it? I tried removing the batteries from the caller and then connecting again but the same thing happened.

Possumal
01-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Do a backup of the files first. Then take everything off the ecaller. Reinstall, click on Update caller, and then follow the directions to download to your remote.

burghwolfe
01-18-2015, 07:33 PM
When I try to do a backup, it just sits there thinking but never actually does the backup. I tried clearing the list and it did allow me to do that. But when I tried to add a single sound back in and then hit update caller, it acted the same way it does when I try to do a backup. Eventually it gave me an error that said backup failed. Also, after it fails the utility stops recognizing that the ecaller is still connected.

Possumal
01-18-2015, 10:52 PM
I really meant for you to do a backup into a folder on your desktop. Sounds like you chose to clear all the sounds off your ecaller. I hope that is not the case. Trying to put just one sound back in may cause it to act the way you described. If you still have your sounds in a folder, try installing your sounds from there. If not, browse the backups to see what is there.

burghwolfe
01-19-2015, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the help Al. I tried that as well but to no avail. I called FoxPro today and it looks like my card might be shot. They put a new one in the mail for me. It looks like everything I have ever heard about FoxPro customer service is spot on.

Possumal
01-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Keep us posted how things work out when you receive the new card.

burghwolfe
01-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Al,
The problem was fixed when I installed the new card. I was able to reinstall all my sounds and it worked fine. It was my first time dealing with FoxPro customer service and it was everything that I expected based on all other feedback I have heard. FoxPro should be the model for all others when it comes to customer service.

Thanks for all the support.

Possumal
01-23-2015, 08:44 AM
That is good news, burghwolfe. Just what I thought would happen. Now go call some critters.

paintman
01-26-2015, 08:55 AM
I am having the exact same issues as the OP. The Wildfire has been working great up until about two weeks ago when I found some new sounds to add to the list. The backup seemed to go through, but when I tried to "Update Caller" with the new sounds, it just froze the program and wouldn't go any further.

I've been trying different things since, even tried another MicroSD card, which will update through the FoxPro Programmer, but for some reason the remote will not sync with the caller. I assume I'm missing some file which the remote needs to see before allowing the sync. Swap back in the "bad" card and it will sync everytime with the remote.

What gets me is that the unit still works with the "bad" card. We called in some coyotes about 3 days ago with the wildfire. I just can't update it.

Guess I'll be in contact with Customer Service this week. Thanks for the updates!

Possumal
01-26-2015, 10:21 AM
Sounds like the new card might need to be formatted. Customer service can square you away on this issue.

mungo
11-17-2015, 06:52 AM
I've been using my Foxpro Wildfire II for some months now without any problems. However after trying to rearrange some sounds on the unit tonight I have experienced the same problems as the OP burgewolfe and paintman. Is a new card the only solution, or is there something else I can try ? Software update perhaps ?

Possumal
11-17-2015, 09:35 AM
In all cases such as this, best thing to do is to call the techs at FoxPro. It won't take them long to square you away.

RANDELLHULK
05-13-2016, 10:26 AM
Wildfire 1 but has plug ? My caller just will not show all the new sounds on remote I added!! Only way as the guy at FoxPro linked to my computer and went threw something and finally took them few .but I have a bunch more tried it won't add hem wonder what's wrong ?

Possumal
05-13-2016, 03:08 PM
Are you using the FoxPro programming utility? Are you referring to the manual?

mungo
06-07-2016, 03:52 AM
I've been using my Foxpro Wildfire II for some months now without any problems. However after trying to rearrange some sounds on the unit tonight I have experienced the same problems as the OP burgewolfe and paintman. Is a new card the only solution, or is there something else I can try ? Software update perhaps ?

Well, I emailed Foxpro Customer Service last November about this problem. Mentioning in the email that if a new card was the solution I was quite prepared to pay for it, (including postage to Australia). Got no reply, so I'm just using the Wildfire as is. It works, but I only have 9 calls on the Remote, and I can't programme anything. Luckily some of the calls are quite successful. But the issue is a bit frustrating.

FP Jarrod
06-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Well, I emailed Foxpro Customer Service last November about this problem. Mentioning in the email that if a new card was the solution I was quite prepared to pay for it, (including postage to Australia). Got no reply, so I'm just using the Wildfire as is. It works, but I only have 9 calls on the Remote, and I can't programme anything. Luckily some of the calls are quite successful. But the issue is a bit frustrating.

What email address did you send that to? We always try to answer emails the same day they were sent or the next business day if one is sent after hours.

mungo
06-09-2016, 07:22 PM
As far as I can remember it was this one. techsupport@gofoxpro.com

mungo
12-21-2016, 05:42 AM
As far as I can remember it was this one. techsupport@gofoxpro.com

I still have this problem with my Wildfire II. Can someone please confirm if the above email is correct to contact Foxpro for assistance. Thanks

DogFool
12-21-2016, 09:29 AM
Here is a link to the Service Team page.

https://www.gofoxpro.com/site/service-team

Hope this helps.

mungo
12-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Well, I contacted Foxpro Tech. Support, and my Wildfire is now working perfectly again. Turns out it was a faulty SD card. They were extremely helpful, and patiently stepped me through the fault finding process. This was probably a little exasperating for them, since I'm a computer idiot. But we got there in the end, and I am very happy. A great big THANK YOU to Foxpro Tech Support.