PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave programming fusion problems?

Two Guns
01-16-2015, 04:57 PM
Can't figure out why I can't get my Fusion function to work? I think I have the Fox Features off and have picked the primary sound not from a preset but still doesn't play the Fox Fusion selection. Hellllp!

Possumal
01-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Are you following the directions on Page 27 of the manual?

Two Guns
01-16-2015, 05:32 PM
As far as I can tell I have set the fusion sound as directed. It shows the separate volume levels but can't hear the Fusion selection. It also shows the two Mute keys with it activated MM but no Fusion sound when unmuted? It seems to be programmed but the Fusion selection is not audible.

Two Guns
01-16-2015, 05:42 PM
Everything shows correct with the volume and dual mute functions on the remote if pressed and held but the Fusion sound is not present?

Two Guns
01-16-2015, 05:57 PM
Fox features settings : Fox Bang = off Fox bang sen= med
Fox motion - off
rate 3
pitch - off
auto volume off
user preset - 5
grip - off
button 1 - preset 1
button 2- preset 2
-these are the current settings in Fox Features which I don't know if they are not allowing access to the Fusion selected sound. The primary sound is selected from the category list and the fusion sound accessed from the fusion categories - no sound heard in the fusion selection ? thanks for any ideas to rectify. Just purchased new Shock wave
and have used older models. Heading out tomorrow for another Timber wolf? called a white in with a buddy and he sent in the photo to Fox Pro for promotion.

Possumal
01-16-2015, 06:06 PM
I just followed the directions and it worked fine. I used two entirely different sounds just for effect. I used a coyote vocal and a calf bawl. When I first chose the coyote vocal, I turned it up to volume 12. Then I pressed the Foxfusion button and chose Calf Bawl. At first it showed volume 0 so I had to ramp it up to 10 and could hear it plain as could be. If I push mute, it mutes them both. Push mute again, and it unmutes them both. If you follow the directions about holding the mute button down a few seconds, it turns the Foxfusion sound off.

Possumal
01-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Don't forget to read the part about using Mute as it is different from just playing one sound from the sound list. While using Foxfusion, if both sounds are playing as you select, when you push Mute, they both Mute. When you push Mute again, they both start playing. If you push and hold down the Mute button for about 3 seconds, it will Mute either the Foxfusion sound or the normal sound depending on which page you are on.

Two Guns
01-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Hi Al,

Thanks again for your help. I have done all of that you've suggested and understand the mute differences. Everything shows to be working / volume levels, mute functions and indications but can't for the life of me get the Fusion sound to be audible.

Possumal
01-16-2015, 06:21 PM
As I understand it, having those other Foxfeatures turned off should not affect what you are trying to do. If you are operating from your sound list when you pick your first selection, and it will play at the volume you choose, you should be able to punch Foxfusion, and it will say Fusion at the top of the screen. Pick one, push select, and select the volume. You should be able to hear them. I assume you are working from the sound list and not the preset page.

Two Guns
01-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Thanks again,

Yes the selections are from the lists not presets. The Fusion sound refuses to activate even though the display on the remote says it is active. Dual volume , all mute functions are working in a dual format as indicated , don't know what else think of. Thanks for your patience and help it is appreciated. I will check your reply later if you have any thoughts.
Take care,
Pat

Possumal
01-16-2015, 07:07 PM
The only suggestion I can think of is to make sure everything is right on your Fusion. Take the batteries out of your ecaller and your remote, leave out a few minutes. Hook up to the computer and go through the FoxPro programmer, and click on Update caller. Then download the sound list to the remote. Then pick two entirely different sounds, and try it again. If that doesn't work, you'll have to call FoxPro on Monday.

Two Guns
01-17-2015, 08:49 AM
Hi Al,

Thanks again for your patience and advice. I am going to stop in at Cabellas to try the demo unit to see if it is me or my unit. Will try your suggestions of going through the computer program. All the best.