PDA

View Full Version : Foxcast sequence question

Lights
01-14-2015, 09:13 PM
Hello I am writing some sequences and would like to know how the code should be for playing two sounds at the same time? I would guess it would be like I have typed below. Is this right or is it not possible to play two sounds at the same time threw a Foxcast sequence?

S 23/S 44
or
S23 S44

Thank you,
Lights

chillydigits
01-14-2015, 09:15 PM
Last I knew 2 sounds at once is a no go

Possumal
01-14-2015, 09:46 PM
chillydigits is correct. You cannot use Foxfusion in a sequence.

Lights
01-14-2015, 09:59 PM
chillydigits is correct. You cannot use Foxfusion in a sequence.

Well crap, it is just a code like everything else. :( I bet it happens in the near future.;);) Well a guy can hope.:D

Lights
01-14-2015, 10:13 PM
OK how about this one. Can you have notes in your sequence so you know what sound is # 23? I program CNC's for a living and can add notes in ( ) and the machine will not read what is in them. So my sequence program would look like this and if my sound #'s ever change I know what the sequences was programmed to.

V 20
S 66 2 (Kitten Cries)
P 30
V 26
S 67 2 (Kitten Distress)
V 30
S 78 (Field Mouse Dist)
Q

Possumal
01-15-2015, 09:27 AM
I don't know if you could do that or not, but I'd rather just have a list of my sounds used in my sequences. To access the info you have printed, I believe you'd have to be hooked up to the computer, open the ecaller, right click on the particular sequence to access similar info, or right click and open with Notepad.

DogFool
01-15-2015, 11:53 AM
OK how about this one. Can you have notes in your sequence so you know what sound is # 23? I program CNC's for a living and can add notes in ( ) and the machine will not read what is in them. So my sequence program would look like this and if my sound #'s ever change I know what the sequences was programmed to.

V 20
S 66 2 (Kitten Cries)
P 30
V 26
S 67 2 (Kitten Distress)
V 30
S 78 (Field Mouse Dist)
Q

Yes. All of my Sequences are annotated just as above. They function just fine in my Fusion and Shockwave.

Possumal
01-15-2015, 12:58 PM
DogFool, what do you have to do to actually see those annotations?

Yote Yoda USMC
01-15-2015, 02:28 PM
It will show up on the computer and I think it will show on the caller but not on the remote.

If he knows how to make it show on the remote I want to learn.

DogFool
01-15-2015, 02:36 PM
DogFool, what do you have to do to actually see those annotations?

The annotations are not visible on the ecaller or the remote.
I use Notepad and add the notations to the Sequence as I write it.
The notations are simply a reference tool I use in the event a particular Sequence gets corrupted.
I look at the sound names in the Sequence using NotePad; and adjust the sound number accordingly.

DeereGuy
01-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Thanks cool DogFool I was just thinking about calling FP to find out what the escape character was....this is going to be handy.

Possumal
01-15-2015, 03:12 PM
If that is the case, and I thought it was, I repeat that I'd just as soon have it written down in case I ever need it. Having those annotations in the makeup of the sequence doesn't make it play any better. Having a way to retrieve your info is important, and nothing is going to happen to my notes.

DogFool
01-15-2015, 03:22 PM
True.. it offers no playing or sound advantages.
It's just a matter of where you decide to keep notes.

Lights
01-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Awesome. I screwed up the original sequences because I added sounds to my caller and moved some around. This way if the sound numbers change ever again I can fix the sequence easily. Thanks guys!

Lights
01-15-2015, 10:16 PM
If that is the case, and I thought it was, I repeat that I'd just as soon have it written down in case I ever need it. Having those annotations in the makeup of the sequence doesn't make it play any better. Having a way to retrieve your info is important, and nothing is going to happen to my notes.

Your dog never ate your homework or your wife never started the fireplace with the scratch paper that you left on the coffee table? Never say never.

If I right the notes in the sequence program and save them on the caller and on my computer. I don't need to worry about my dog eating them or me loosing them.

Possumal
01-15-2015, 10:32 PM
I don't mean to sound like I am arguing with anybody. If you have trouble keeping your notes in a safe place, or you feel like your computer and your ecaller are more reliable, do things that way. My stuff is kept in my man cave. Nobody else goes out there for anything. I trust that fact more than I trust any computer or any ecaller.

Lights
01-15-2015, 10:39 PM
No harm meant Al I did not mean for it to be a dig on you. I was just trying to kind of be funny. You know my dog ate my homework? I also print out my sequences and save them.

Have a great night.

Possumal
01-16-2015, 06:04 AM
Lights, I understand and I did not take anything as a dig on me. Your dog really ate your homework? That is funny stuff there.