PDA

View Full Version : I messed the caller up...

Plainshunter
01-13-2015, 09:42 PM
Some how I messed my Wildfire caller up by plugging and unplugging the caller from the computer trying to figure out how to update my sound list.. Now when I turn the caller on, the power light blinks 10 to 12 times.. How do I fix this???

Thank you..

Possumal
01-14-2015, 12:10 AM
I'd try taking my batteries out, leave them out for a few minutes, and then reinstall. You should be able to hook up to the computer with the ecaller off, open the FoxPro programmer, and see if it recognizes the ecaller and shows the sound files in the caller column. If it does, and it is the way you want it, click Update caller. After that follow the directions for downloaded the sound list to your remote.

Plainshunter
01-14-2015, 07:15 AM
I left batteries out over night, and it still as not corrected the problem..

Possumal
01-14-2015, 10:09 AM
Did you try hooking it up to your computer?

Plainshunter
01-14-2015, 11:17 AM
Sure did, the program was scanning for the call and never showed the call list on right hand side. Then all of a sudden it showed that it was always connected when the caller wasn't plugged into the computer. I did leave the caller on today before I left the house, maybe that will in some way correct itself.. But anyway I have only seen the call list come up once since running the program. When the list did come up and i started to down load the added calls It came up with a ( error 70 ) the once you hit OK it shows the file was moved over..

DeereGuy
01-14-2015, 11:46 AM
I think the caller needs to be on when hooked to the computer. At least my Fury and Shockwave do.

Possumal
01-14-2015, 01:02 PM
Whoa DeereGuy. I have never turned a Fury, FX3, FX5, or Fusion on when hooked up to the computer. The directions for the Shockwave instruct you to turn it on, but not the Fury or the other models I mentioned.

Better check this out.

DeereGuy
01-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Hmmm...OK I don't have my fury anymore...I stand corrected.... Damn memory...

Plainshunter
01-14-2015, 06:45 PM
Is there anything I can do to reset the caller ? The program does not find the caller even for 5 minutes of scanning for it and no list comes up on the right side. No matter how long I leave the batteries out, the caller just does the 12 blinks...

Preydeception
01-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Since this post has mentioned the shockwave I feel a clarification may be in order : Whoa DeereGuy. I have never turned a Fury, FX3, FX5, or Fusion on when hooked up to the computer. The directions for the Shockwave instruct you to turn it on, but not the Fury or the other models I mentioned. My shockwave owners manual states that you need to determine the version you have in order to hook up correctly to the computer; version 1.5 and newer - Make sure the shockwave is turned off; version 1.4 and older turn the shockwave on. Hopefully this will help avoid confusion concerning the shockwave.

Possumal
01-14-2015, 08:55 PM
IMO, you need to hook the Shockwave up to your computer, right click on My Computer and choose Open, see if the computer is recognizing the Shockwave. If the computer is not recognizing the Shockwave, the programmer probably won't. If the computer is not recognizing it, I'd call FoxPro in the morning. Those guys can usually square you away over the phone.

Plainshunter
01-15-2015, 08:01 PM
The computer does show a mass storage device.. I'll have to call FoxPro here some time and see if they can get it figured out for me..

Thanks.......