PDA

View Full Version : old caller new hunter

pumpgun
12-25-2014, 10:51 PM
I bought a firestorm about 3 years ago with a few sounds, 25 I think, due to health issues in the family I never took it out much. My wife is stable and getting stronger and we have a much better outlook on life.
I dug the call put of the closet the other day replaced batteries and scared the dog(always a fun thing to do) . Heading out over the weekend to give calling a try here in the mild winter of north east Oregon and am a little excited but have a few questions. What kind of life can I expect out of a set of batteries? figure midrange sound out put in about 30 degree weather. And what kind of cord adapter due I need to get sounds from my computer to the caller? There is an adapter inside the battery compartment but can not find a cord that will fit. I have looked on the fox pro web site but did not see what I needed. ( I am not surprised at all if I missed seeing it my wife tells me I am blind). Any help on Part # or how to order would be greatly appreciated.
And hope fully I will be able to post some pictures and tell some stories before summer shows up.

chillydigits
12-26-2014, 09:26 AM
The cable you need is the same USB cable that goes to your printer.

Possumal
12-26-2014, 09:57 AM
As far as battery life, when I was field testing a Firestorm, I had no issues with calling all day with a fully charged set of batteries. Good hunting at ya!

Weasel
12-26-2014, 02:11 PM
pumpgun, a quality set of rechargeable batteries will last a long time. They are the preferred batteries for e-callers.

Yote Yoda USMC
12-26-2014, 03:18 PM
pumpgun, a quality set of rechargeable batteries will last a long time. They are the preferred batteries for e-callers.

+1 WHAT THE wEAsEL said.

pumpgun
12-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the info on the printer cable, I appreciate all the answers about battery life. tried my first hand at calling today. had a great time being out with no animals called all in all A very good day.

SWAMPBUCK10PT
12-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Try lightning jack for 5 min's steady pause min or 2 than again for 5 min's than if nothing shows go right to a coyote fight--watch down wind ---Good luck

pumpgun
01-03-2015, 07:05 PM
I have been looking for the manual for my firestorm. In the search on the FoxPro site I find manuals but the link keeps sending me somewhere else. I am trying to set the presets and fox bang on my remote, any help again would be greatly appreciated.

Found the manual .

Thanks.

Ramrod
01-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Highlight the sound you want on the remote, then hold down the P1 on the remote until the sound is highlighted in the top rt of the remote and then hit the P1 button again that's sets your foxbang sound, same for P2 sound.

pumpgun
01-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Thanks Ramrod, I think I have the call and remote figured out anxious to get out and give it a try. Thanks everybody great site with helpful members. I will keep reading learning and hopefully post some pictures in the not to distant future.