PDA

View Full Version : Fx5

PaDogkiller
02-02-2010, 07:26 PM
I am trying to add sounds from my backed up files list and with the usb cable connected my already loaded sounds in the fx5 are not showing up in the caller sound files list on the right. Also under select device it only show drives c d and e shouldn`t there be an F drive ? I have done this before on the same computor with my fx5 am i missing something? I called Foxpro and left a message yesterday and still haven`t been called back. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated....

Weasel
02-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Click on "E" drive and see if your computer is reading the caller there. Other than that, I suspect the cable might be bad.

PaDogkiller
02-02-2010, 09:49 PM
I tried a differant usb cable still not reading Fx5. I tried unhooking all wires from usb hub, i hooked usb cable into all ports on back of comp. i wonder if problem with Fx5. Its been awhile (year or Longer) since i switched any sounds on same comp.

Weasel
02-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Hmmm.......I wish I could help. Hopefully you'll get fixed up when the Foxpro folks call you back.

PaDogkiller
02-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Update, i took my Fx5 over to FoxPro Friday morning as they opened @ 8:00. Asked for Joe and they had me on my way in 8 minutes. Joe said that Calls somehow build up a charge of Static and it blocks the usb output from the call. Very easy fix/repair for them and No cost to me. Thanks Joe...:)

Weasel
02-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Static??? That's a new one on me. Glad to hear it was an easy/quick fix. Is your area being hammered by snow this weekend?

PaDogkiller
02-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Last night we got 7 inches where i live. 15 miles west of me they got 14 inches. We`re gonna go kill some critters tonight with all of this snow they may be a little more receptive..

Weasel
02-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Good luck! I was wondering how wide spread the DC storm was. Glad to hear you didn't get buried.