PDA

View Full Version : adding sounds to Shockwave

rsbhunter
11-22-2014, 11:23 AM
I've had my ShockWave for a week, already called in 5 dogs...now I'm looking at adding some sounds in the near future...couple questions...if I add sounds, can they be put into the seperate categories? Such as, rabbit, coyote, bobcat? I love the categories feature the most on my ShockWave and wouldn't want to have to go through and reorganize all 100 + calls if I tried to add some and messed up the programming.....thanks for any advice or help...rsbhunter

Possumal
11-22-2014, 12:52 PM
After you add the additional sounds you click on a button called "Update caller". After that, you click on a button called "Edit Categories". You drag each added sound from the left corner over to the right corner and drop it into the title of that category. When done doing that to each added sound, click on Save. Then you have to download the sounds to your TX1000 remote via the instruction for doing so.

rsbhunter
11-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Thanks Al, it sounds like something even I could do...Thanks for the help....rsbhunter

Wildcat
12-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Another question about sounds and Shockwave.

When I bought my Shockwave they already had some "sequences" on it.

Now if I was to buy some new sounds and put them in my Shockwave would they mess up the sequences in any way?

That is the one thing I fear and I don't want to lose my sequences.

Yote Yoda USMC
12-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Will not have any effect on your sequences as long as you don't change numbers on your existing sound list.

Wildcat
12-13-2014, 08:39 AM
Will not have any effect on your sequences as long as you don't change numbers on your existing sound list.

That's what I wanted to know.

So just put the sounds in like they are number and all and I'm ok, right?

Possumal
12-14-2014, 02:04 PM
If you had 100 sounds on your Shockwave when you got it, and it had sequences on there too, those sequences are made up out of that sound list. If you add more sounds after the original 100, it won't affect your other sequences.

Wakeboarder911
01-07-2016, 01:06 AM
I just got my new shockwave in today and I'm having some issues. I loaded 79 extra sounds to the caller and modified and added the new sounds to the categories list. I then updated the remote. I can play the sounds from the device itself manually and from the remote if I set the remote to "sound list". Once i set the remote to "categories" my new categories show up and it says I have 8 calls (as an example) in the category buy the list itself is blank. It shows me scrolling through all 8 sounds but the name of the sounds are not present nor will it play a sound. the remote (when in list mode) and the device itself functions fine and does show and play the sounds. Anyone else run across this issue or know of a fix? I plugged the remote into the computer and checked the list that way as well and all looked fine.
thanks

Wakeboarder911
01-07-2016, 02:18 AM
I think I may have stumbled across my problem on foxpro's website. I started numbering my new sounds starting with 999 and working my way down. I did this to prevent myself from adding a duplicate number later when purchasing new sounds from foxpro. If what I read is accurate, when creating the list for categories you must start with 000 and finish with, in my case 179. There cannot be any gaps. 000-100 & 820-999 in my case. I will confirm in the morning if all of my factory pre-loaded sounds are indeed 000-100. And then correct my added sounds to reflect 101-179 and see if that fixes my problem. I will post an update in the morning. Thanks

DogFool
01-07-2016, 09:11 AM
That's it.
The Factory pre-loaded sounds will be numbered 000-099.
Your first additional sound will be 100.
Continue to number upward consecutively.
(100, 101, 102, 103, all the way to the last sound...178)

Wakeboarder911
01-07-2016, 11:04 AM
Awesome, thanks for the confirmation.

Wakeboarder911
01-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Just finished changing the numbers on all my added sounds and that fixed the issue. This is my first foxpro, I didn't realize that the sounds in the category were in sequential order. I assumed the numbers were the actual sound numbers as seen on foxpro's website when purchasing. I'm going to have to find a system for identifying sounds that I own and sounds that I'm missing or wanting to purchase.

mitchm1
01-07-2016, 06:44 PM
Been several years since I did mine remembered it can be pain when you add some sounds that are non Foxpro
It's about time for me to see if there's any new sounds I need to add

Sent from my MS 441-C using Tapatalk

Wakeboarder911
01-07-2016, 06:56 PM
I purchased 16 more from foxpro today. Have you checked out all the free sounds on foxpro's website? I also grabbed a few good MP3 files for free from varmint al's website.