PDA

View Full Version : Deleting duplicate sounds

Clovis Man
08-31-2014, 01:47 PM
I seem to have some duplicate sounds in my caller. Is there a way to organize these sounds alphabetically so I can easily see and delete the duplicates?

Weasel
08-31-2014, 02:12 PM
You can probably rearrange them manually and then delete the duplicates, but I know of no one click solution.

FPZack
09-02-2014, 09:11 AM
The easiest way to get rid of duplicates is to download the FOXPRO Programming Utility. Using this utility you will be able to remove and rearrange sounds as you please. This utility will also make it easier once you do delete those sounds to keep them in order. You can download the utility here: https://www.gofoxpro.com/site/software/public/foxpro-programming-utility-installer.exe. If you have any questions or need any help please contact our Service Department 717-248-2507 option #2.

Clovis Man
09-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Appreciate your help, Zack. Please tell me how to determine duplicates in the utility -- for now I can see duplicates, but they are so far apart in the list as to make it very tedious to find them. I'm not sure I want to spend an hour to do this.

FPZack
09-02-2014, 10:45 AM
When you open the utility and have the caller hooked up you will be able to 'Print List'. Printing off all of your sounds in the order they are in. I would then highlight the duplicates. Or you can just have your remote turned on and use that for reference. The utility will show you the sound names and their position in the caller.

carl
11-08-2014, 10:07 AM
I found a solution in a program called FileBoss. I can compare files by file size and find duplicates instantly. You can also sequentially number files (ie sound files). This program is good for more computer literate users who like to do things manually and like a lot of control. It is NOT for the casual user-stick to the programming utilities.

Possumal
11-08-2014, 06:40 PM
If you are arranging your sounds in logical order, I don't see why you would have a lot of problems with duplicate sounds.