PDA

View Full Version : Organizing sounds

Clovis Man
08-25-2014, 11:31 PM
I'm new with electronic calls. Never had one before, and the last time I looked at one, my cousins had one in the early '60's. It looked like a portable record player and all the calls were on 45 RPM records!

So I bought this Wildfire 2 the other day. My goodness, what a treat! I know it's the bottom-line product, but it sure does a lot.

I even bought a sound pack and added the sounds into the call. No problems whatsoever.

But how do you organize the sounds? I don't mean the programming aspect of it, but what sounds do you tend to put together? And is it possible to "skip" a few positions so you can have, say, coyote calls on one page and mountain lion on a different page, and perhaps elk on yet another page?

The programming is easy, the practical aspect is more than I'm prepared for right now... :D

Thanks,
Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico USA

FPScott
08-26-2014, 08:35 AM
Clovis Man:

Organizing the sounds can be done in 2 ways. You can renumber your files in the order you wish to have them appear on your remote control or you can download the Foxpro programming utility and use the interface to do the organizing.

Renumbering is simply right clicking on the file name and changing the 3 digit number in the front of the file. Whichever file is numbered 000 is going to be the first file in the caller. Number 001 will be the second and so on.

The programming utility will make this a little easier and can be downloaded from our website at:

http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/foxpro-programming-utility

This will allow you to move sounds with a click of a button and there will be no manual number changing. The utility will do it for you.

Clovis Man
08-26-2014, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the help, Scott.

It appears that the files must be absolutely sequential, with no skips or blanks, is that correct? I was trying to set up a page for coyotes, and then a page for cougar, and then a page for something else, etc -- but it looks like the files will be "next to each other" on the controller regardless.

Thoughts? suggestions?

Thanks again,
Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico USA

FPScott
08-27-2014, 08:14 AM
Clovis Man:

You are correct. All sound files must be left in sequential order with no blank spaces. If the remote control encounters any blank spaces while the list is uploading, it assumes the upload is complete.

The programmer will eliminate any blank spaces when you do the update caller to ensure that the upload to the remote will go through.