PDA

View Full Version : fury 2 programming

polarisboy97
06-07-2014, 01:10 AM
Hello I lost all sounds on my call and when I plug it into the computer I get a pop up that says the device needs to be formatted any suggestions should I hit ok or not thanks for the imput

Possumal
06-07-2014, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't do that until talking to the fellows at FoxPro.

Coyote Inc.
06-07-2014, 10:26 PM
It says the same for my Firestorm. My computer says there is a problem and should I scan and fix it. I select no, continue without scanning. Then open the Foxpro Utility. In the drop down box on the right, you will need to select the appropriate drive, which is the Fury. There may be several drives in the list. Just select each one until until your sound list pops up or you can take note of the drive names, then get out of the utility and unplug the Fury. Then start the utility again and see which drive is no longer on the drop down list. If you have ever backed up your sound library, it will be somewhere on your hard drive, more than likely in the foxpro program. But no, do not reformat.

DogFool
06-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Just a reminder... the newest version of the Programming Utility is May 2014.

FPScott
06-10-2014, 09:08 AM
polarisboy97:

A "needs to be formatted" message unfortunately means that something has happened to the internal memory of your caller. This is a hardware failure that unfortunately can only be repaired by sending the caller and remote in to the service department. Give us a call or send an email and we will open up a repair case for you and let you know how to get things working again.

6162rk
10-13-2014, 08:19 PM
just bought a new fury 2 from Cabelas. had to send it in right away to have the transmitter updated. this was fixed very quickly by Foxpro. statement from Foxpro was that they hadn't sent out a fury 2 that was not up to date in 1.5 years or more. if that is true shame on Cabelas for having such old merchandise on the shelf. got my transmitter back on friday went out calling saturday and the call quit on the second stand. to say i'm disappointed would be an understatement.

Possumal
10-14-2014, 09:08 PM
You say the call quit on the second stand. Tell us more. What kind of batteries are in the ecaller? If you put new rechargeable batteries in there, did you fully charge them before going to the field? In any event, FoxPro will take care of you, so give them a call. The Fury is a very good, reliable unit.

TN Song Dog
11-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Same issues with my Fury 2 here, and Foxpro Cust Service has taken well care of me. Bought my caller from allpredatorcalls.com in August 2013, and the remote knob to change sounds was glitchy out of the box. They sent a new remote with updated scroll knob, and I sent back the original.

Next issue was several months later. My alkaline batteries were getting low, and the caller cut out while on a stand. I retreived the unit, changed batteries, and no more sounds would play at all. Turns out, the sound memory board flashed itself. I returned to FoxPro, and they replaced the board and reloaded my sounds. No more issues until this winter when preparing to get ready for a hunt. I put in the last alkaline batteries I had used, and test played it. On higher volume, the low battery light came on and the caller cut out due to low batteries. Same as before, I turned unit off, changed batteries, and no more sound would play.

I sent back in, and they had a new fix and ensured me it wouldnt happen again. The caller was back home within 5 days. At their recommendation, I also purchased the foxpro rechargable NiMH batteries.

Regardless of some inconveniences, FoxPro product and warranty is awesome. The caller is really great unit, and I have no regrets. My hat is off to their warranty dept., and that is a big part of what sets FoxPro appart from many others. Also Made in USA.

Possumal
11-17-2014, 03:51 PM
I hope all will pay close attention to the connection using alkaline batteries and the problems TN Song Dog has had. All of the manuals and online info tell you that FoxPro recommends high quality rechargeable batteries. Actually, it saves you money too. The black rechargeables that FoxPro sells are excellent and they will serve you well.

Glad you got squared away TN Song Dog. Good hunting at ya!