www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Crow Hunting

Crow Hunting Share your experiences, tips, techniques, and thoughts about crow hunting here.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:17 AM

Default 6 more yesterday

Went out around noon yesterday and got 6 before a spent shell hung in the barrel. Was shooting the wifes 20ga Winchester pump and 7.5 dove loads. I may carry my o/u 410 next time.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:50 AM

Wink

coyotecontroler... You must do a lot of bird hunting and I went out with both my kids this past weekend and I shot 2 boxes of 12 ga. and never dropped a bird but it was fun. My 15 year old dropped one with a 20 gauge and my 11 year old missed also. Hoping to go again this weekend with the kids and I need all the practice I can get...lol. I wouldn't have a chance with a 410 and I can't hit them with a 12 ga 1187.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:45 PM

No, I really don't hunt them a lot, you just have to learn the places where they will come down lower for a look.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:26 PM

demetric, just keep going and the killing will come with time. If the 3 of you are shooting a lot, and I consider 2 boxes of 12ga a lot, then you are in the crows and i'll bet the boys are having a ball, and that's what is important. What choke and shot are you using? I always used a full choke and 6s or 4s. Now people are saying try a modified choke and dove load 7.5s. I am still using a full choke but tried the 7.5s and am killing crows. My wife used to crow hunt with a 410 and kill them before her back and neck got too bad to shoot a lot. I would say be patient, but that's hard with kids wanting to shoot. As long as they're having fun you are doing good. P.S. in killing the 6 the other day, I shot 9 times. If you want to talk, PM me and I will try to help any way I can. In the meantime, shoot lots and have fun.