Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Sounds > Sound Requests

Sound Requests Is there a certain sound you would like to see FOXPRO carry in the future? Share your ideas and requests for new sounds in this forum.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:02 PM

Default Grey fox/ red fox fight.

I always had luck with Johnny Stewarts Red Fox Grey fox fight sound especially with the barks at the beginning in mating season. I would like to see Foxpro's addition to this call.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:21 AM

If it is sound ct113c, it is available on CD as well as cassette. If you have or can find the Johnny Stewart CD red fox vol.1. CT113c grey/red fox fight is included in MP3 formatt. Since Foxpros play mp3, wav, fxp and .24bit it is just a matter of ripping the sound file to your computer and then using the foxpro programmer to load the sound just as you would any other foxpro sound. You will need to check the "append sound file name" box lower center of the programmer screen or the file name might appear cut off. I like a lot of Johnny Stewart sounds and have his entire library on my CS24, Johnny Stewart Crow sounds are still the best ever iMHO. Recently on EBAY there were both Johnny Stewart red fox and grey fox cds for sale NIB for under 10 bucks each shipped. That would give you 8 Johnny Stewart sounds for under 2.50 each, not a bad deal.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:22 PM

I added this sound but I don't know why it plays faster and higher pitch out of my FX5 that it used to out of my Johnny Stewart Preymaster. I called in a fox 6 times just with the beginning of that sound when the fox is barking during mating season. The shot never presented itself but at times this fox was so close that I could hear it panting for air after running back and in so many times on a January night in Pa. I wouls let it back and mute the call just before the fight started.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:04 AM

Predator77, I don't mean to hijack your thread but does anyone know of a way to get the JS sounds off of a Preymaster 3 or 4 and on to a computer so they can be downloaded to a Spitfire? Or does it only work for cassettes and CD's? Thanks...
Old 07-21-2012, 10:20 AM

you can use a 3.5mm audio cable from the preymaster to the mic input on your computer or sounds card. You will have to start at low volume level to avoid clipping or brickwalling the sounds. I record everything using Audacity... once recorded you can remove any noise and normalize the volume to 85% that way the sound wont clip when you play it on your foxpro and yet will have plenty of volume. Not to be nosey what JS sounds are you looking to record 95% of the JS sounds on the PM3 cards are available on cassette or CD. JS cd's are 34 of johnny stewarts best sounds in a rip and play formatt.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:07 AM

Thank you chillydigits.
I was just wondering if it could be done because my PM3 is giving me trouble and I don't know how much longer it will work. So I thought that it woud be nice to save the sounds to my computer and put them on my spitfire as a backup. I'm trying to use what I have already without spending too much money to use these sounds that I really like. Thanks again!!

Last edited by Fur Collector; 07-21-2012 at 11:10 AM.