Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Night Hunting

Night Hunting If you're afraid of the dark, this might not be the right forum for you. If not, turn off your light and share your stories, post your photos, and ask away.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:12 PM

Default Wicked lights

Anybody tested these new lights....... I am almost to scared to ask how far they can shine, as just about everybody will say a totally different thing. They do look bigger than a 250 Kill Light, I am keen to see any feedback here with possible realistic ranges, the systems do look good.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:49 AM

Default Wicked

Well, I found the manufacturer and spoke to them,and have answered my own questions, the Wicked Light is also a China made light basically the same a 250 kill light but just with a newer body, but the light power is basically the same. And its half the price of the $ if bought in china with another name, but its the same thing, just a lot cheaper! The $138 odd price tag on a Wicked is $70 in China and thats called the UF, same thing as I said just another name.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM

The wide range of prices and claims of performance is mind boggling. It's nice to get honest reviews from each other so we can save some money and get what we need. Thanks for posting!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:38 PM

Default Mind Boggles

Yes indeed, like on a box an advert may say it can light to 1 mile, when you test it you see 200 yards.......... if you take them to court, you wont win because they will claim you must prove your eyes are as good as the other guys who originally tested it.... la la la and so on.

I kept all mails from this investigation and its intertesting reading, the one unit may look way better but its basically the same etc etc, all I can say is no matter what it is, be it a light, radio or whatever, if you want to know the range etc etc, try it yourself and then you can see in real life with your own eyes just how good or bad it really is.

I am testing the UF900 this weekend on DARK MOON, this week is still full moon conditions, the weekend will be pitch black for a few hours, and I will test the UF900, the exact same light as a 250 kill light just another name and half the price. I will report back and tell you exactly to how far I can identify a target and place a good shot, I personally cannot see it being good for anymore than 100 yards because of the power output it says on the box, but soon I will see, and post an answer.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:12 AM

Karoo,

Regarding the Wicked Lights, not sure who you spoke with at the "manufacturer", but I would like to clarify some points.

The Wicked Lights W400 is not the same light as the "kill light or the UF900". Some of the more obvious differences are the physical size, reflector and bezel design, internal battery charge capability, LED assembly design as a part of the reflector, included picatinny style scope mounts, availability of replacement colored LEDs, etc.

Here's a link to our product video should you have any questions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgvzqw8EklA
Old 05-09-2012, 11:33 AM

Default Two in the same

Here you go, they are the same light, just another name, and half the price. Come with exactly the same extras.The UF Ultra fire 900 and the Wicked, the same light.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UF900A.jpg (40.9 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg WL.jpg (28.6 KB, 91 views)
Old 05-09-2012, 02:14 PM

Karoo,

To address the range of the lights, we also have seen enormously exaggerated range and illumination claims in the industry. This causes us many headaches as we have to deal with them directly when selling products. It is in our best interest to accurately state the expected range and illumination of the lights in hunting conditions. This is helpful to both us as the retailer as well as to the consumer. The illumination and range claims stated in the product description for the Wicked Lights is accurate and not exaggerated. We also have posted videos for the consumer to see and get a sense of what to expect using the Red, Green, and White LEDs at night (you can find these on our website and on our Youtube channel).

As for the light itself, there are many models of lights similar to the Wicked Light W400 and the Elusive Wildlife Technologies XLR250. Both lights are manufactured in China and both lights are great for night hunting and have a loyal fan base. The W400 and the XLR 250 are not the same light, though. They differ in many ways. Also, the W400 kits are very different than the "UF900" light, In fact several light designs are marketed as "UF900's" (depending on which Chinese website your looking at, typically the 900 part implies 900 lums), The UF900 I use is a dual battery light with a completely different LED and reflector as compared to the W400. We don't dispute the fact that you can buy virtually any light made directly from China for cheaper. However, most USA Customers prefer not to supply their CC info online over seas (China) and enjoy being able to speak with a representative directly which can provide customer support, replace the item on the spot if there are any defects, and answer questions regarding the product and how best to use it. The Wicked Lights come with a 5 year warranty on the LED's and a lifetime warranty on the light assembly. If you need additional parts (such as extra LED's of different colors, etc.), they are readily available. The W400 light is only one component of our kits. The entire kits are assembled with products from 5 completely different sources to include robust picatinny style scope mounts for 1" and 30mm scopes, premium Lithium-Ion batteries, ISO901 certified manufactured colored LED's for consistent light output and coloration, etc.

Here are some links to show what is included in the different Wicked Lights Kits, detailed product videos can also be found in the links:

Marksman Kit (available in green, red, and white and includes mounts, batteries, charger, etc.)
http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/wick...ger-w400mmgrn/

Shooter Kit (includes green, red and white LED's and mounts, batteries, charger, etc.)
http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/wick...harger-w400sd/

Scan and Shooter kit (Includes 2 W400 lights, 5 LED's 2 red 2 green and one white, mounts, 4 total batteries, chargers, etc.)
http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/wick...arger-w400s-s/

Scan only Kit (includes W400 light in your choice of green, red, or white, and a battery and charger.)
http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/wick...pter-w400sgrn/

We wish you the best with your light and good hunting!

Justin
Old 05-09-2012, 11:43 PM

Default Torch

Who are you trying to convince? me? you say the size is different, look at the two torches in my post, they are exactly the same, I understand you are standing by what you try to sell, but anybody can see its the same torch, exactly, mass produced, like pontoon boats made in China, and made in millions, and when ordered by shops, they can have their logo put on the pontoon in China, same thing.

This thread now is going in circles, you wont convince me to buy a $130 torch when I can buy a $60 torch elsewhere and its the exact same thing, with mass produced parts, included in a box, the same parts put in many other torch boxes, sorry.........

But anyway, as you say "we wish you the best with your light and good hunting!
" you bet, for the same torch, half price with another name you bet, why would I want to pay more just for a name.......

I wont answer this post again as its now going in circles, but its an open forum and people are entitled to opinions. This is not the only forum talking about the same heading thats a fact. Sorry to offend you but it is an open forum.
----------------------------------------------------------
See this link from another forum, look at the bold part.

I had seen a lot of guys rave about the new XLR 250 Kill Light from Elusive Wildlife Technologies. It's performance beats anything on the market for a scope light or for a scan light for coyotes. I had one problem, I needed two of them and extra batteries and I didn't want to spend almost $300. I'm sure I'm not the only person who is hesitant to spend this kind of money on a hunting light. So I did some research and was able to track down the manufacturer (Brinyte) of these lights directly. The prices I found were astonishingly cheap. Here is the breakdown of what I purchased:

Two UF900 Cree Green LED lights (same as XLR 250) - $21.21 each
One 1-inch scope mount - $1.82
One Tailcap with pressure switch - $3.79
Four batteries (with overcharge protection) - $3.52 each
One battery charger - $4.18
Shipping and Handling (From China) - $46.87
TOTAL = $113.16

I saved about $180 by getting these lights directly from the manufacturer. It took less than three days for the shipment to arrive...from China! Now I know some people don't like China, but this is the same place Elusive Wildlife, SniperHawg and all the others get their lights from. I don't recommend buying the tailcap switch though. You have to maintain constant pressure on it for it to stay on and I didn't like that about it. If you're interested in getting this kind of deal, you will need a paypal account to pay for it (easy and free to get one). Go to their website below to see all of their products and accessories for this light. The light is called an 'Ultrafire 900'. I just figure with the economy like it is, some people may be needing a cheaper option for night hunting. I know I did!

http://brinyte.en.alibaba.com/search...archText=uf900

Last edited by Karoo; 05-10-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 AM

Heads up, the EWT 250, Shep's Coyote TLR, the UF 9000 clones, and the Wicked Light are NOT the same. The Wicked Light has a totally different reflector, and casts a narrower beam with a lot less artifact than the others.

I don't put a lot of faith in arbitrary distance measurements either. More importantly, I want a light that doesn't give away my position. The Wicked Light doesn't spill light at my feet the way the others do, and that's without a long can.

I have (to go along with a couple of decades of spotlighting) 15+ flashlights and another 20+ 12 volt spotlights, old school and new, quartz, LED, HID, and halogen. Side by side, same LED or not - in the battle of the mid-sized LED flashlights, the Wicked is a better light. AP did his homework.

Yep, Mr. Karoo found the right light. But if I spend 3 hours trying to find it myself, along with 2 different chargers, the extra LEDs, the clamp, and the mount, then order it with a CC# or a postal money order, how much did I actually save? $50 bucks won't fill my pickup with gasoline or pay a plumber for 1/2 hour.

AP has put together some quality packages of parts from 5? different sources and put his name on them. No wasting time. No sending money to Shanghai. He puts his own warranty on his products. He has a reputation for no nonsense and an A+ rating at BBB. If you have a problem, call, text, or email. The same can't be said about vendors in China.

You pays your money, you take your chances.

Last edited by gary in ca; 07-25-2012 at 10:21 AM.