Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Crow Hunting

Crow Hunting Share your experiences, tips, techniques, and thoughts about crow hunting here.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:34 AM

Thanks for the feedback. You are spot on with the crows coming in to fight sounds and looking for the supported action only to not see it. I am going to pick up Bob's DVD's as there is no substitute for proper setup and audio. Thanks a million to both Bob and Foxpro, you are enabling us weekend warriors to be better and more successful. Nothing worse then standing in your blind, in the middle of a shoot on the one day you can hunt after working hard all week and the conversation is completely about "What are we doing wrong" or "How do we..." when it should be high fives and fist pumps!!

Thanks again for sharing your experience and well made products. Sincerely!!

-Henry A
Old 11-02-2011, 01:12 PM

Default Crows Crow Crows

Ok, so I ordered Bob's DVD's(Crow Hunt v1,Crow hand calling and Crow shooting). Great videos, lots of shooting. What I devised from the hunts, was the following(among other details). Setup off the main flight paths. Always have your crows in a tree-14-18 max and build your self a nice little blind(really like the setup Bob uses-simple-effective). Hedgerows or tree lines are a must-which we have noticed on our past shoots as well. It seems better to have crows coming from your right with decoys in the tree on your right(in some cases you could tell the wind was on his left so not 100% if this is always the ideal setup but seemed to be-I would assume soemtime you just cannot get the perfect setup based on the variables you cannot control). Whatever your shooting over(trees, brush) determine how close or how far your blind is from your decoys and incoming crows(In other wards, pay attention to the angle at which your shooting at when setting up. In the videos Bob is using his electric caller with a standard crow noise in ever one and backing it up with a hand call. I found it interesting that his comeback calls(which in hearing were worth the price of the DVD's right there) were effective and some better then others.

Has anyone seen his other DvD's? I am wondering if in the others he gets more detailed on why he chooses where he does his setup. Reasoning on the way he sets up and how he determines or decides on how many decoys to set out etc etc etc. Just more of the finer details on the whys and hows.

I sold my Spitfire and called Zach at Foxpro yesterday with the intention to order a Krakatoa. I ended up talking myself out of it and ordered the CS-24 with an extra speaker and some other goodies. I cannot wait to get this caller. Totally pumped!!
Zach at Foxpro was super to deal with and answered all my questions- which I had a lot of. We had such great success with the Spitfire that I cannot wait to have the extra features and increased volume. Its going to help round off the gear part of hunting and allow us to continue to focus on educating ourselves on our stand/decoy setups and get it down pat. Thanks again for the assistance Zach- first class!

-Henry
Old 11-02-2011, 02:15 PM
FOXPRO Staff

HenryA,

Like I told you on the phone it was a pleasure talking with you and working with you through your decision. You were in quite a predicament when we started talking! However, I do not think that you will be disappointed one bit with the CS-24B. From what I told you yesterday and today as well it is a great caller! I will be updating you on the progress of the order as well, I am not sure if it will leave our facilities today. Hopefully we have it out tomorrow and you should be able to pick it up next week sometime and get out and see how it works! Best of luck and safe hunting Henry, if you ever need anything again you know how to get a hold of me.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:31 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith in Ga View Post
It seems that I have a hard time putting "learned" calls and techniques together from year to year. There are so many variables shooting migratory crows......not knowing how much they have been called/shot at during their travels. Not to mention, Bob must be killing most of the crows that were supposed to come to Ga. My foxpro has produced very little the last few trips. My old Lohman mouth call still brings them in pretty good. My all time favorite was my Johnny Stewart caller using "crow and owl fight". I sure wish I would get that sound on my foxpro! I think the crows are getting smarter........and I'm not!
Keith, FoxPro has some free calls on their site including a few crow calls. See http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/product...nd-library.php

FYI, Steve from Arkansas WPS!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 AM

I was wondering if Foxpro offers a feeding call? What about # 271 Crow Party or # 280 Crows?

Last edited by kurt99; 02-08-2013 at 12:59 PM.