Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Sounds > Programming Help

Programming Help Having trouble programming your FOXPRO game call? Consider yourself to be a programming expert? Visit this forum to get assistance or to share advice with others.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:25 PM

Default SpitFire

I'm at my wits end with this...

I've read the instructions, watched the supplied Youtube videos, searched for answers using the "Search" assistant and still can't get this done.

Trying to download some mp3 files that I have loaded into my FoxPro Programming utility onto a newly purchased and properly formatted MicroSD card. I'm having no luck!

The farthest I've gotten is to actually get the mp3 files installed on the new SD card, but when I go to connect the TX24 remote to the caller, the remote does not prompt me to Transfer.

Any thoughts? It doesn't help that my computer keeps giving me a "run time error 70" code each time I try and "copy to the caller."

Crazy...
Old 01-08-2011, 06:49 AM

Did you see these links?
http://www.gofoxpro.com/resources/spitfire.php
http://www.gofoxpro.com/resources/program3.php
http://www.gofoxpro.com/resources/program4.php

I would try ccleaner to fix the run time error 70
Old 01-08-2011, 11:32 AM

I have seen those pages NSHunter, but thanks for trying to help me. It's just weird because I've actually put the mp3 sounds on the new card, but I didn't do it using the Fox Pro Programming utility, so the remote when plugged to the caller doesn't prompt me to "Turn on Caller." I've followed the directions to a T and when both are connected using the stereo patch cable, when I turn on the TX24 remote, it just says "Select Sound" like it normally does. In other words, it doesn't say "Turn on Caller" like it's supposed to when both units are connected!

It has to be because I didn't use the Programming utility to place the sounds on the SD card, right? I just used a paste and click from the C Drive (Sounds Folder) to the E drive (card). Like I said, the sounds are on the card, and they play in the caller, but the remote doesn't reflect the new sound library.

Stupid computers...
Old 01-08-2011, 12:42 PM

Card has to be named SD1 or caller won't see it, sounds have to be properly named. 000 to 023

Last edited by wheelie; 01-08-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:26 PM

Thanks Wheelie!

Is it SD1?? The one that came with the caller was SP1 and I did rename mine SP2 so that I could tell them apart.......was that a mistake? I saw where the directions said to rename the card which I did....but I didn't see where it said what to name it!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:43 PM

no it has to be sp1, sp2 doesnt work it must be sp1. I went through the same thing. If you need to be able to tell the cards apart i reccomend a white out pen. I just numbered mine.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:18 AM

Thanks Pat!!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:10 PM

I having the same problem. I bought a 4g card. What now? It just stays on "Turn on Caller".?? And can I load all the sounds that came with the spitfire over to the 8pack that i purchased and number them manually?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:50 AM
FOXPRO Technical Support

Please click on this link for help with the setting up and programming of new sd cards. 4 GB cards will not work in the Spitfire. Must be 2GB or less.
If you add calls without using the utility, you must number them in a logical sequence that starts with 000 and continues through 023.

http://www.gofoxpro.com/resources/spitfire.php

The run time error when trying to copy to caller on the utility usually indicates that you are using a reader/writer with a protection switch on the side or possibly on the bottom. This switch is to keep the user from deleting files by mistake. The switch must be in the unlock position. If you do not see a switch it is possible that you are using a reader only and not a writer. If that would be the case, it will not allow you to make any changes to the card.

Last edited by FPScott; 03-29-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:16 PM

Hi, I'm having much the same problem except that I keep getting "turn on caller"
I am using the original chip from my spitfire. Any suggestions?