Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:04 PM

Default Speakers on your caller

I was just wondering when using your e caller do you use both speakers or just one? If you just use one whats the reason behind it?
Old 11-10-2009, 04:17 PM

the screened in speaker carrys the same fre qin sees(spelled wrong) as a rabbits- birds voice that the fox or yote naturaly heres where the other speaker dont its used for volume screened in speaker is best for small game sounds it explans it in your owners manual under speakers i hope this helps ron

Last edited by irwildcat; 11-10-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:22 PM

OK I will check that out. The reason I asked is cause a friend read that only use the horn speaker unless you are hunting bear or cats.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 AM

The front horn speaker uses higher frequency sounds. The rear speaker is for the sounds with more base. Play a high pitched cottontail or a howl on the rear speaker & you can hear the difference.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:15 AM
FOXPRO Field Staff

I almost always use just the front speaker. It's the one that works best for the higher frequency sounds I almost always use - and by not using the rear speaker the batteries last much longer.

- DAA
Old 11-20-2009, 07:48 AM

i purchased the foxpro dvd they said on the products page to use both speakers for the most perductive results on the fx3 i use them both and called a lrg coon in no time at all i been wanting to coyote hunt but the deer hunters are everywhere right now seems every year they increase the number of days makes it hard for us trappers and callers maryland now can take 11 deer this year nobody needs that many deer two a family is plenty most donate to the to lazy to work people...........