Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO's Predator Talkcast > Questions and Prizes

Old 02-17-2012, 08:23 PM

Abner, what type of rifle do you prefer to use bolt or semi auto, what caliber is it in? Why do you use that type of rifle and why is it in that cailber?
Old 03-02-2012, 02:46 PM

Do you like to hunt a slight windy day vs calm cold quiet days?
Is there an easy way to get the females to come to calls......we had a female hang up in deep snow.....she would not come to us no matter what we did.....in Febraury.

What is you opinion about shooting coyotes in Spring and Summer.......I feel shoot on site as they are out of contol.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:17 PM

How popular is predator hunting becoming? Are some many people calling that we are making coyotes call shy? Do you think you can call the same coyote more than once if you miss it? Is it better to pass a tough shot and try to call the coyote a different time?
Old 03-08-2012, 11:25 AM

Do you use scent control or do you use scent attractors or masking scents for example spray your boots or use skunk to mask your scent or rabbit for attractant or just play the wind most the time since you don't have many wide open places in the east like in the west where you can see them coming from far away
Old 01-27-2013, 06:04 PM

Coyotes are pairing up for mating season now, are the pairing coyotes the younger generation from the previous year and they go out and claim their own turf once paired both east and west dogs? Never heard of an ALPH MALE or FEMALE coyote pack. Just family units Are coyote pairs parred for life and raise a family every year?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM

This post is almost two years old, please tell me someone has won it?????
Old 02-23-2013, 08:28 PM

How close will a decoy normally bring a coyote in? Are hunters trying to get them within 200 yards, 100 yards, or closer? I've had coyotes stumble up to me within 10 feet just using a call, but this morning was my first time calling a coyote using my wildfire and a mojo critter. He got within 40 yards and seemed to lose interest in the decoy when he was able to get a real good look at it (unfortunately, my .223 misfired and I lost my good broadside shot when I cleared the chamber).

Does it keep a coyote more interested if there is some mystery to the decoy—like they can just see parts of it? Or should I keep making the decoy as visible as possible?
Old 03-31-2013, 10:57 PM

If your out calling and a group of say 3 to 5 coyotes are coming, but the first one is 150 to 200 yds ahead of the rest. What is the best way to get them closer together? Or is it better to pass up the first one and get better odds on the next ones coming?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by end mange View Post
If your out calling and a group of say 3 to 5 coyotes are coming, but the first one is 150 to 200 yds ahead of the rest. What is the best way to get them closer together? Or is it better to pass up the first one and get better odds on the next ones coming?
Others can jump in here and by all means I am no pro when it comes to the numbers of coyotes killed but I have read and am lead to believe that if you have numerous coyotes coming in at the same time just different distances take the farthest one first.
Firestorm w/ Foxjack decoy
Sako Forester 22-250 55 Gr Sierra Spitzer Boattails

Remington Model 600 Mohawk 243 100 gr Gamekings
Old 10-27-2013, 11:07 PM

Default Spot lighting

I have always heard to ONLY use 'Red' spotlights as to not scare off the yotes and cats. How come on TV they use bright spotlights and the predators just keep on coming in??
Thanx
zzfan