Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Coyote Hunting

Coyote Hunting Canis latrans. Ky'ote. Ky'otee. Whatever you want to call it, it's one of the most popular predators hunted in the world today.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:18 PM

Nobody can trash the "coyote light" except for the price. IMO blows all others away hands down.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter2 View Post
I got one of Amazon (bestfire). It looks just like the predator tactics lights my buddy's have and performs the same if not better. Only gave $40 alot better than $120+.
what kind of distance do you get out of that light? is it a pretty wide beam?
Old 01-25-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drslyr View Post
Nobody can trash the "coyote light" except for the price. IMO blows all others away hands down.
price is a down side to that light. id sure look into getting one if I had the extra to spend on it. as of right now any out there blow mine away I don't have one at all LOL
Old 01-25-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
Red for sure night eyes makes a great headlamp gun light combo headlamp for scanning gun light to kill keeps the hands free. as far as gun lights I used the night eyes this weekend and it was nice. I hunt a sniper hog light 66lr which is great for longer shots. the wicked is about the same and the coyote light also about the same for alot more $.
thanks for the info checking into this one as well. I still haven't made a purchase yet.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:37 PM

You can pick out eyes at 5 to 600yds. Focus the adjustable beam to 300 and drop em in their tracks
Old 06-04-2018, 11:13 AM

If you're going with LED, which I think it a good choice, look at the best performing reflected lights like the DBS, Tiablo A10, and Jetbeam Raptor https://bestoutdooritems.com/predato...ights-reviews/ The aspherical lights (ones that use a shaped lens) have a very narrow beam and restrict searching or scanning. If you're target shooting or locating animals with a 2nd light, then you might be able to get away with an aspherical. For varmint hunting though, where you might know now from what direction an animal is going to show, or at what range, where a quick shot might have to be made, I'd really lean away from the aspheric. The best-reflected lights will still throw visible light 200-300 yards depending on the amount of ambient light. Hopefully, there's not much of that where you're hunting though. On YouTube there are a lot of interesting videos on this subject, yesterday I watched one of them because my friend also asked for advice on choosing. Look, I hope that helps. Yesterday I found a very interesting video on this topic on Youtube, I think someone can come in handy. I hope this helps with the choice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0bsxFPVFZs
Good luck
Old 09-30-2018, 10:12 AM

Default Thanks for the info!

[QUOTE=Mashal;86381]If you're going with LED, which I think it a good choice, look at the best performing reflected lights like the DBS, Tiablo A10, and Jetbeam Raptor https://bestoutdooritems.com/predato...ights-reviews/ The aspherical lights (ones that use a shaped lens) have a very narrow beam and restrict searching or scanning. If you're target shooting or locating animals with a 2nd light, then you might be able to get away with an aspherical. For varmint hunting though, where you might know now from what direction an animal is going to show, or at what range, where a quick shot might have to be made, I'd really lean away from the aspheric. The best-reflected lights will still throw visible light 200-300 yards depending on the amount of ambient light. Hopefully, there's not much of that where you're hunting though. On YouTube there are a lot of interesting videos on this subject, yesterday I watched one of them because my friend also asked for advice on choosing. Look, I hope that helps. Yesterday I found a very interesting video on this topic on Youtube, I think someone can come in handy. I hope this helps with the choice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0bsxFPVFZs
Good luck[/QUOT

Thanks!!