www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Crow Hunting

Crow Hunting Share your experiences, tips, techniques, and thoughts about crow hunting here.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:21 PM

I bought a franchi affinity this year and love it great gun for the money. Another shell that I have had good luck with is the kent fast lead 6s they have a heavy payload option in a lowbrass shell. Also love the winchester aa's also of the heavy persuasion.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
I bought a franchi affinity this year and love it great gun for the money. Another shell that I have had good luck with is the kent fast lead 6s they have a heavy payload option in a lowbrass shell. Also love the winchester aa's also of the heavy persuasion.
Excellent choice of gun, my buddy had one they balance really well and if I was to shoot an inertia gun besides a Benelli it would be a franchi. great value
Old 01-21-2016, 07:40 PM

You've helped a lot because I truthfully don't know beans about chokes and restrictions or any of that. All I know is my 935 with a pure gold choke I can put a turkey on its back at 75 yards every time.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:00 PM

Thanks gob!! And them bergs are definitely Tom getters... Keep me posted on your experiments as well your season
Old 01-22-2016, 09:03 AM

How do you hit the dam things. Ive shot 2 boxes of shells at em with various leads and haven't even seen a feather fly
Old 01-22-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOlBoy View Post
All I know is my 935 with a pure gold choke I can put a turkey on its back at 75 yards every time.
Wish I had that setup last year! Lets just say I'm really bad at gauging distance in open field and I had a good gobbler come in toward my decoy setup and hung up at about "55 yards"..... I shot, he ran and flew, I then paced that 55 yards to be 70..... ay yi yi.... I guess i'll have to bring the range finder from now on and pre measure my distances lol
Old 01-22-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drslyr View Post
How do you hit the dam things. Ive shot 2 boxes of shells at em with various leads and haven't even seen a feather fly
The swing through lead is what I use most the time, I realy feel my lead more than I have a set lead distance but usually if you swing through the bird you can break the shot as you see daylight you will hit more times than not. Shoot at birds about tree top high or lower a 100 ft tall tree is 33 yds perfect modified range. Buy good ammo avoid the value packs and stay at a minimum 1250fps and 3 1/4 dram equivalent
Old 01-22-2016, 03:00 PM

Keep the tips coming Commander, I'm really poor Wing shot. You should take a look at those pure gold chokes Chris, I believe it's called the twister. Since I've got it I have killed lots of gobbler past 50 yards. The longest to record was 82 yards. He was coming but was spooked by a fox so I took the **** and he dumped. Buddy has a mossberg 835 with the same choke with same results l. I guess I should add these chokes are specifically designed for federal flight control shells.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:21 PM

Default Crow Killin' rig

I used to run a 11-87 with a patternmaster extended range. Now I use a Beretta a-400 with the factory modified choke. I also run homebrew reloads of 1 1/4 oz 7.5/5 shot mixed.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:20 PM

I use an 11/87 with an improved cylinder or sometimes modified choke. I see a lot more wounded crows with 8's, so generally use 7 1/2 shot.