www.gofoxpro.com

Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Sounds > Programming Help

Programming Help Having trouble programming your FOXPRO game call? Consider yourself to be a programming expert? Visit this forum to get assistance or to share advice with others.

Old 12-22-2021, 03:46 AM

Default Lost my calls, any help would be appreciated!!

So, Iíve recently bought my first Ecaller which is a shockwave. I bought it with around 450 calls installed which was about every call I wanted. I was reorganizing the order of the calls to make things easy for me to findÖ Long story short I accidentally deleted all the calls off of the caller, thinking I had backed them up. (They were backed up but some how only the file names saved to the computer and not the actual sound attached to the name. If that makes sense?) So I contacted the seller to see if he could maybe send me a sound backup file or if he could download the calls from the website to send to me. Which he could not because he bought the ECaller directly from the warehouse with the calls preinstalled and he didnít have a backup sound file saved. Him and I both have called fox pro with no luck, unfortunately. I really donít want to buy the sounds from fox pro because they are crazy expensive and considering I did already have them. But worse come to worse I will repurchase them. So I guess my question is.. if I had someone with all of the sounds that I wanted on their fox pro, make a sound backup file and send it to me, I should be able to put them on my caller? Has anyone tired this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2021, 03:20 PM

Very tough situation you are in. If a person were to make a sound file and send it to you it would be considered pirating sounds. If you could possibly document the original sound list and when and where it was first installed maybe Foxpro could help? The problem is: some folks scam Foxpro and others to get sounds. They make it impossible for honest people that really need help.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:19 PM

Ahhh okay, that really does suck considering it was over $400 in just sounds. Now that you say that, when I talked to someone at fox pro I did kinda get the vibe that I was trying to pull a fast one on them. I still have the sound folder where I backed them up and the sound names are on the caller but without the sound. So Iíll try to call fox pro again tomorrow and see if anything can be done. Unfortunately, Itís looking like Iím just slowly going to have to restock the library to what it was. Thanks for the response!

Old 12-25-2021, 01:07 AM
FOXPRO Field Staff

If you just put the names of sound files in a folder, and then install them on your ecaller, you won't get any sound. Downloading names has no sound connected to them. Not meaning to be hard hearted, because I do sympathize with you, but that is not Foxpro's fault. It is not a matter of Foxpro not trusting you, but what do they have to go by?

If they sell you one sound or a hundred, there is a record of that, and they could help you if you accidentally delete them from your ecaller or your computer.
Old 12-25-2021, 02:38 AM

Yes, I realize that and Iím not blaming fox pro at all. I agree they have nothing to go off of, was hoping that maybe something could be done. Im not sure why things didnít backup properly and I only got the sound file names backed up without the sound. I should have doubled checked that before clearing the ecaller. The person that I bought the caller from bought it directly from fox proís store location. It already had the sounds preloaded on it for a different guy but he backed out of the sale. So the guy I bought the ecaller from bought it from fox pro with all those extra sounds. He called fox pro to try to get the sounds sent to him since he did purchase them but fox pro didnít put the purchased sounds on his account, only the ecaller. So there is literally nothing that can be done, which sucks but it is what it is at this point. Merry Christmas and thanks for the response!