Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Feline Hunting

Feline Hunting No, not the place for housecats. This is for the "other"cats, including bobcats and mountain lions (the BIG cats).

Old 02-18-2021, 09:12 PM

Default New Threads

Just wondering why there is not a lot of action in the feline section of Foxpro forums? I had not logged in for awhile (since last February) and notice that there are not any new threads. Pretty disappointing to not see any new information. Whats the deal with that?
Old 02-19-2021, 12:16 AM

Social network sites have taken a toll on forums. I'm thinking we need to step up our posting in all sub-forums.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:59 AM

Yeah I wish there was more activity, end of day we are a rare breed and other platforms get more activity. See a few new names come for answers but never back to report updates, etc. Prob many similar to you that have not logged on for a while or some that never put up threads and just watch, takes activity to keep people using. I'm 33 so fall in category where most friends are using Insta which I partake in. End of day that mentality is all about pushing what you are doing to get looks and comments and rarely is there any good dialogue. IMO forums are superior for knowledge but rely on activity. I'm in MN at get about 1 month to cat hunt, but always checking cams and watching for cat activity. Used to a few other members who are deep into bobcat hunting and haven't seen anything from them recently so hope all is well.
Old 02-19-2021, 12:48 PM

Yes, you all are right I suppose. I had not really thought about the social media aspect of it. I have never partaken in any social media myself, other than youtube if that counts. I would guess though that there are still alot of middle aged like myself and many others on here who have a lot of helpful information for the up and comers.
Old 02-19-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kykiller View Post
I would guess though that there are still alot of middle aged like myself and many others on here who have a lot of helpful information for the up and comers.
True! A lot of our members are knowledgeable, experienced, long time hunters. I've seen some ridiculous comments and advice on social media and even other forums. We don't have that problem here. Foxpro people are the "Real Deal".

This is the friendliest forum I've ever been on. Folks just starting out are encouraged and welcomed.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:41 PM

That is what I am talking about Weasel. There are some friendly folks on here no doubt. There are some on here that will not give you the time of day though. Most likely, the ones who turn their nose up at you are not fond of new members. Either way, when I joined this forum and made my first reply after just browsing for years and years, Weasel came on the forum and said, "Glad to have you here and welcome". Sonny Pruitt, another knowledgeable fella, gave me very good advice. I ended up killing a couple of coyotes off of advice he gave me about bobcat calling. Very nice people here. And seeming that we all specialize in using foxpro brand ecalls, we can get very specific about setups, regions of the country we are in, specific sounds, hunting pressure, ect.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:45 PM

Other forums its just questions saying "how do I call in a bobcat"? or "what is the best sound to use"? Very general questions with no learning really involved in the answer. We all know that high pitched busy sounds work when you let them play for an hour. We get it. People on here know way more than that so lets all share some advanced tactics.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:35 PM

I've been doing this since 1966 and I'm not sure I have any advanced tactics. In fact sometimes I revert to doing it the old way. Just a hand call or two on a string and a rifle. At this point in time I have some of my best days when I don't call in a single animal. I just love getting out. If I'm hunting with somebody else I prefer that they do all the shooting. That way I don't have to retrieve or drag animals and won't have to clean my gun. That said, I do get a thrill out of trying seldom used sounds on the Foxpro and seeing predators over running my setup.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:32 PM

Or it could be the lack of response. The thread below this one is mine. I took my first bobcat and was excited to post my photo and story. 90 views and not one response. Not even a “nice cat” or “good job”. I am also a new member here and when no one shows interest in new members posts it kinda turns people off from the forum. Like were wasting or time sharing our experiences. Just my thoughts .....
Vortex Diamondback Tac Scope 4x16/44
Wicked Hunting Lights A48iC Ambush Night Hunting Gun Light & ScanPro iC Gen 2 Night Hunting Headlamp
Pard NV007 rear clip on
Old 02-22-2021, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabowhunter77 View Post
Or it could be the lack of response. The thread below this one is mine. I took my first bobcat and was excited to post my photo and story. 90 views and not one response. Not even a “nice cat” or “good job”. I am also a new member here and when no one shows interest in new members posts it kinda turns people off from the forum. Like were wasting or time sharing our experiences. Just my thoughts .....
I saw your post on Predator master forum and thought I posted. I thought I asked you what you were going to do with the skin and you said probably have it for a wall skin. Anyway, its a nice looking cat. I had mine mounted cost like $650.00 Congrats.