Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Coyote Hunting

Coyote Hunting Canis latrans. Ky'ote. Ky'otee. Whatever you want to call it, it's one of the most popular predators hunted in the world today.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:28 AM

OUTSTANDING........actually had to get another cup of coffee to finish reading......; )
Old 04-15-2019, 09:38 AM

I hear ya! Went through a thermos myself writing it! Thanks guys for the encouragement. I hope you all had a great weekend this weekend. Funny part was we had another coyote come in this weekend on the Long Range Tweety again on the first stand. I was upwind from my brother with a small line of juniper brush in between us. The problem was instead of sitting to my back to the wind I thought my brother would be able to cover my downside and I actually faced into the wind where I had two shooting lanes. 4.5 minutes into the stand had some hawks fly up that had been listening to me on the tweety and they were mad about something, plus the cattle had stirred down in the bottom of the wash 150 yards away 2 minutes before that. Thought there might be something but for the life of me I never saw or heard anything. After the stand ended my brother came to me with a big smile on his face. A coyote had come in not 25 feet downwind of me. Stopped right at my scent trail where I walked in. Took a good snout full of my scent and decided to hightail it out of there. No shot for my brother even though he was only 50 yards away as he would have been slinging lead right in my direction. The coyote slipped back into the thick stuff and disappeared like the ghost they are. Amazing how quiet those buggers are, and according to my brother he was running or trotting most the time and I still never heard him even that close. I think I'm a little brain dead as it is those highs and lows that make hunting them part of the adventure for me. Yep, definitely a little touched. LOL! Have a great week everybody and don't forget to post your hunts!

Grey

Last edited by Greyhunter; 04-15-2019 at 09:48 AM.