Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 01-17-2020, 05:39 PM

Default Preset Sounds

Guys what do you use for your first say 6 sounds on your presets, just bought a Fusion and about to drive myself cray deciding what to use an what order.. I'm in Indiana if that makes a difference.I put my 1st as Coyote locator howl. Not new to calling but its been about 10 yrs or so since Ive done any, owned a Foxpro back then and killed a couple coyotes with it but most of my experience was with the older Johnny Stewart 512 I believe that played cassettes, killed a bunch with it back 20 yrs ago.

Last edited by dbowling; 01-17-2020 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:47 PM

I think it is a good idea to use your first 4 preset sounds as emergency sounds that you want to switch to in a hurry.

The sounds you like to start with or use quite often can be your favorite sounds. The first 12 sounds I have on my preset/favorites list are sounds I want to get to in a hurry.

Preset #1 is Coyote Pup Screams on volume 40 for stopping coyotes.
Preset #2 is Coyote Pup Distress 3 on volume 40 for calling coyotes.
Preset #3 is Vole Squeaks on volume 24 for coaxing in coyotes.
Preset #4 is Male coyote Challenge 4 on volume 40 for challenging back coyotes that challenge whatever sound I am playing.

Around here the male coyotes challenge sound just like Foxpro's "Male Coyote Challenge 4" sound. So The "Male Coyote Challenge 4" sound is my #4 preset. If you are challenged by a male coyote, the quicker you can challenge him back the better chance you have of calling him in.

I like using "Coyote Pup Screams" as my #1 preset for stopping coyotes. It is a very loud high pitch sound that stops coyotes very good on full blast volume 40.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:38 PM

thanks that's pretty close to exactly what I had put..