Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Coyote Hunting

Coyote Hunting Canis latrans. Ky'ote. Ky'otee. Whatever you want to call it, it's one of the most popular predators hunted in the world today.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:21 PM

Default Light for night hunting?

Hello everyone. I'm in the market for a good coyote light. What would be a good light for me to use? From what I've read red will be best color but how bright do I want? Should I go by the distance, lumens,or what? what brands to stick to or stay away from ? I like the idea of rail mount so I don't have to make someone go with me but then again I like the idea of having someone with me hunting at night. Thanks in advance!!
Old 01-15-2016, 01:49 PM

I personally like the wicked hunting lights. I have the new model with adjustable brightness and zoom. I think a paid about $140 after shipping and everything. Only downside is it kinda takes 2 hands to work the thing which isn't a problem if you have a dedicated call/light runner. They're really tough too. They did a torture test on one on YouTube. It held up pretty well.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:40 PM

X2 on the wicked...checkout the 403IC light.it's pretty awsome...Rusty
Old 01-15-2016, 06:52 PM

I have a Coyote Light, and I really like it.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:58 PM

I have both the 402 and 403 wicked. I really like them, and customer service is great. I wish they were a lil brighter but they do very well for the price. I've heard awesome things about the coyote light and want one in the worst way but can't bring myself to spend 429 dollars on one. You can get the predator pack from wicked with two lights (gun and scan) and everything you need for I belive a lil over 300. Good luck!
Old 01-15-2016, 07:23 PM

if you can bring yourself to spend the green backs , the coyote light in red is the way to go ! battery life is phenomenal . quick charge time too .
Old 01-15-2016, 10:07 PM

thanks for the info everyone. seems like there is a lot to pick from. looks like a tough decision on my hands LOL
Old 01-19-2016, 10:31 PM

I got one of Amazon (bestfire). It looks just like the predator tactics lights my buddy's have and performs the same if not better. Only gave $40 alot better than $120+.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:53 AM

Red for sure night eyes makes a great headlamp gun light combo headlamp for scanning gun light to kill keeps the hands free. as far as gun lights I used the night eyes this weekend and it was nice. I hunt a sniper hog light 66lr which is great for longer shots. the wicked is about the same and the coyote light also about the same for alot more $.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:41 AM

I am looking at getting a red LED setup as well. How bright is the night eyes light compared to the sniper hog light? Originally like the night eyes setup, but seems as if the sniper hog was brighter? Was just on the sniper hog page and looks like a nice light. Just don't like how the sniper hog light doesn't come with a battery or charger.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk