Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Firearms and Loads

Firearms and Loads A forum dedicated to weapons and loads of choice.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:07 PM

Angry Marlin 22WSM issues

I broke out my Marlin 882SSV 22 mag last weekend to dial it in for a good coon rifle. I bet I shot 30 times and never did get it where I felt it should be. Rings on scope were good, I cleaned it thoroughly before use, made sure the stock wasnít torqued down too tight and still was spraying all over the place from about 30 yards. AND on top of that, only about 1 out of every 5 casings would eject! Iím not sure if I need to order a new ejector or what. Has anyone ever experienced any similar problems with the Marlins?
Old 01-21-2020, 09:08 PM

What brand and kind of scope are you using? I don't have experience with Marlins but have had scopes in the past on my rifles go bad (not a common problem) but never the less it happens. The easiest way to confirm would be to swap out the scope to one you know hasn't any problems. Some scopes in my past would not adjust consistently and some need a little tap on the turret to help set the spring (typical of cheaper Leupolds) I usually use a pocket knife held loosely between thumb and fore finger to tap on those Leupolds; other wise takes a couple of shots to settle in those weak springs.
The only other thing - given your description of hard extraction is you may have some crud built up in the chamber that may need a more aggressive cleaning with something like "wipe out" - let sit overnight. Without knowing more of the history of your rifle (hope I didn't offend you) I am throwing out some ideas and I hope this helps, good luck.