Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Sounds > Sounds Discussion

Sounds Discussion Have a question about what sounds to use? Or maybe you need help selecting new sounds. This is the place to ask.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:29 PM

Default Fusion sounds Stereo or mono

Guys I have a Fusion as titled do the sounds sound better in stereo or mono I have noticed some of my sounds as if they are breaking up on stereo many thanks
Old 08-29-2019, 06:02 PM

Sounds breaking up is usually an indication of weak batteries. As far as stereo vs mono, I can't hear well enough to tell a difference.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:40 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

I may not be following the question exactly. If a sound is done in stereo, it will sound great in stereo, with parts coming through one channel, and then switching to the other channel. If a sound is mono, you can't just choose to make it stereo.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumal View Post
I may not be following the question exactly. If a sound is done in stereo, it will sound great in stereo, with parts coming through one channel, and then switching to the other channel. If a sound is mono, you can't just choose to make it stereo.
this is the question are the sounds recorded in stereo or are they all mono hence why have the stereo option tks
Old 08-30-2019, 09:56 AM
FOXPRO Field Staff

I can tell you for sure that Foxpro does not record all its sounds in stereo. They do offer some sounds in stereo. The parts of the particular sound that are recorded for the left channel will play through that channel, and the parts recorded for the right channel will play through it.

I made quite a few stereo sounds with Goldwave, and found them to be very effective. Most of the time I would set up with the Fusion horn speaker pointed in a particular direction, and the seperate SP55 speaker, which was placed 8 feet or so away, facing in a different direction. As the stereo sound switched from channel to channel, it really gave a realistic effect like the animals involved are moving.

If the particular model ecaller does not have a stereo amplifier, you won't be able to use the stereo feature to an advantage. It is an option.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:48 AM

Thanks think that about answers my question as no way to find out which sounds are recorded in stereo , many thanks safe hunting
Old 09-01-2019, 01:11 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Foxpro can tell you which sounds are available in stereo.