Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Predator Hunting

Predator Hunting It's open season on predator discussions! Questions, stories, tips, and techniques are all fair game.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:42 AM

Default Rough week hunting

I have hunted a lot this week. Me and friend hunted on 1200 acres Thursday used several different calls. My son hunted with me yesterday nothing. Just wondering if any of ya'll may have some advice. I did shoot a nice bobcat last weekend. Thanks for your advice.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperjohmd View Post
I have hunted a lot this week. Me and friend hunted on 1200 acres Thursday used several different calls. My son hunted with me yesterday nothing. Just wondering if any of ya'll may have some advice. I did shoot a nice bobcat last weekend. Thanks for your advice.
My advice is DON'T QUIT......read, learn and gain experience.....success will come sooner than you think...
Old 02-02-2019, 01:15 PM

Thanks. I have killed several coyotes over the past few years. Guess I was aggravated because I know they are in the area but wouldn't respond. I guess that why it's called hunting and not killing. Thanks again.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:45 PM

Just my my opinion but I slow down on places I hunt often, take longer to sneak to my spot. Wait a little longer before I start calling. And now that its mating season I'll call quite a bit longer 45 minutes or more.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:33 AM

Be persistent and think outside the box. Navy and Gump both hit the nail on the head with their advice. Good luck
Old 02-05-2019, 10:10 AM

On another forum (predator masters I think) I ran across a post on challenge howls. Derbyacres (hope I got this right along with the season, if not I'm hoping he'll correct me) mentioned that during this time of year if you can get them to get vocal the Foxpro male challenge #4 works pretty good to bring them in. He even has it on preset 4 I think he said. Had one howl at me this morning but wouldn't come in. Anxious to go back to that spot and give ole #4 a try. Even preset it to #4...lol!