Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Media Center > FOXPRO's The Furtakers Volume 2

FOXPRO's The Furtakers Volume 2 Share your reviews and comments about FOXPRO's latest DVD release, The Furtakers Volume 2

Old 10-27-2010, 06:04 PM

Default Furtakers Vol. 2

Just got my copy of it last week. Great video! I especially like all the fox footage. The fur handling section was great, too. Should help out a lot of new guys. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:13 PM

Did the fur handling cover drying and stretching too?
Old 10-28-2010, 07:24 PM

Sure did. They did a real nice job. Abners grandfather does the explanation and some of the demo with Abner. Very detailed footage.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:46 AM

Bought volume 2 to watch while I was out of town for a couple of days. Great hunts and info. My only complaint is that about half of the hunts were at night. Made for some difficult watching. Ended up fast forwarding through the night hunts because it was really bothering the old eyes.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:17 PM

Default Fur taker2

Being honest,the camera work was not very good.I understand its hard to film at night and if thats all the better it gets I would stay to the day time action. I did enjoy you showing mistakes that happen out in the field. Your new TV shows Rocks!!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:37 AM

Is the new TV Show going to be a weekly thing. If so what day and time will it air? Thanks CSB
Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 AM

I, myself wasn't very impressed with volume II. I purchased both volumes last week and they arrived last night. Watched them both from start to finish. Volume one was pretty good. On volume II the night hunting was a huge drawback. It seemed like 75% of the video was all night hunting and the camera work was all over the place. It made for some hard viewing and I'd like to see some dedicated coyote hunts here in the eastern states. I know the population levels are no where near that of the western states but I thought there would be a few. I don't recall any on either volume. The daytime action was good. The biggest plus of volume II was the fur handling section. I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was very detailed. Definitely a huge plus for purchasing volume II. I would definitely purchase more videos from FoxPro, but thought that volume I was better than volume II. IMO..
Old 02-20-2012, 10:19 PM

I have to weigh in on the volume 2 business. Was impressed with the fur care video as well since I skin and thought they did a fantastic job of that. I also like how there is advice in there for the beginner as well. That was pretty hard to come by when I started. I was not a fan of the night hunts though as well as there is just nothing to watch until you see a pair of eyes. I would love to night hunt if it were legal here but to watch it on video I am not sure there is a lot there for the viewer. Just my humble opinion though.
4-12x42 Bushnell laser range finding scope.
Foxpro FX3 and Jack in the box
Every hand and mouth call under the sun. (except for one of Weasel's custom calls)
Old 06-11-2012, 02:20 PM

I really liked Vol. II, as a beginer the fur handling segment was very useful. The night hunts were great as well, although up here in NH, I can only hunt coyotes and coons at night. I would have liked to see a little more about the equipment (lights, guns, shotgun loads) but overall, I enjoyed watching and learned a good amount as well as being entertained.