Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Coyote Hunting

Coyote Hunting Canis latrans. Ky'ote. Ky'otee. Whatever you want to call it, it's one of the most popular predators hunted in the world today.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:09 PM

Default This is why!

Itís archery season for deer and elk in Oregon . Iíve had trail cams out and on this little property I get to hunt, on the cams I see deer elk and coyotes.
Sitting one morning for a buck , I see a coyote pop out at 125ish yards. It was hunting for mice. Only had my bow so I watched him for a bit . 3 whitetails came out in the field and I watched this coyote start to stalk and than chase . All the way off the property. So once he returned to the field I started to lip squeak and he came running in. All the way to 20 yards. First shot with my bow was left. Second shot I assumed was 40 but was 30 and missed again. Finding one arrow and missing him twice I was livid. Went home learned that my sight had some lose bolts on it.

Few days later I decided to hunt it again before work. I had a hour and a half. This time I brought my bow and my 22-250 plus e caller. When I got to the spot I like to sit . I noticed something was right where I had been sitting... it was the mom to the 2 whitetail fawns. Completely tore up and looked like she had been tortured . This area has no bear sign around and no cougar sign. Only coyote sign. My heart took a hit as I noticed there was only one fawn by itself.... I sat my butt down right there and set up. Knowing the coyotes in the area werenít really hungry cuz of the kill I decided to do some howls( playing off that a new coyote has found the kill. 15 mins later up on the hill I noticed a coyote sitting and watching. I play 2 more howls and he began to come straight down. He got in the field and was around 150 and I didnít hesitate one bit to put a round right through his chest. Dropped him right there. My heart felt like I made a difference. Like I might of saved 1 or 2 fawns from ending up like there mom.
This is why we do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2019, 01:28 PM

Good job! Keep it up.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:06 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Good looking coyote, especially since you stopped him for good. It is amazing how hard they feed on deer.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:19 AM

Congrats on a successful hunt. Well done.