Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Photography > Hunting Pictures

Hunting Pictures Share your hunting pictures and stories here. It never hurts to have a FOXPRO game call in the picture!

Old 04-30-2018, 03:48 PM

Default 17 HMR Coyote

Pic of nice coyote I shot with my 17HMR this winter---Hard to believe but true--Running shot 140 yds -dropped got up made two spin's and it was over --I was leading him so figured a head shot BUUUUT IT WAS A T.H.S. [texas heart shot] almost lol!!--------can't get pic's to upload--try later

Last edited by SWAMPBUCK10PT; 04-30-2018 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:47 AM

I know it's about shot placement but that's what I'm switching to my 17 HMR for fox and racoon. Looking forward to seeing picture.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:23 AM

Default Say it aint true!

SB......I had so much respect for you and considered you one of the most educated and most ethical ones on here.....what happened?......
Old 05-05-2018, 04:52 AM

hope to get help with the Pic's today ---Navy-hope to regain your respect when I tell the hole story with the pic's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2821 - Copy2.jpg (62.7 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by SWAMPBUCK10PT; 05-05-2018 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:39 PM

picture number 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2824 - Copy2.jpg (30.5 KB, 39 views)
Old 05-05-2018, 04:40 PM

picture number 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2863 - Copy2.jpg (62.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 05-05-2018, 06:16 PM

Still have trouble getting pic's on only allow one at a time--------Any ways Here is the full story---was out calling all night got home around 8:30am Sat down on the recliner fell asleep-Planned to go out after I recharged was close to 0 Degrees all night---Woke at 9:45 made coffee and was eating a bowl cereal . When this coyote comes running through the back yard and chasing the Deer feeding there. I grabbed the closes gun near me --which was my HMR Squirrel gun--my coyote guns were still in the truck and others in the gun room--so the HMR was put into service in a hurry--Its killed its share of coyotes before but never this distance --He was heading for the field behind the garage by the time I got there he was half way across it on a dead run. In desperation I put the crosshairs [dot] two feet in front of his head and shot-He dropped like he was hit with a sledge hammer got up spun twice and it was over .A dang Raven landed on him before his last kick-I thought is was a head shot but later found out it was a T.H.S. just missed the Bulls eye by a inch or so----this is real goofy went to put another round in chamber and Mag was empty, I had forgot to load the mag up after shooting Red Squirrels earlier in the week. I went and got the range finder and he was laying 140 yds from where I shot-I guess it was just meant to be-----Now I know Most will say I'm pulling your leg with this story AND ITS HARD FOR ME TO BELIEVE IT HAPPENED TOO--but I'm telling the truth and nothing but the truth so help me GOD---------AT 71 I need all the Help I can get--------------skip {Swampbuck}
Old 05-05-2018, 06:24 PM

I believe you. Stranger things have happened.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMPBUCK10PT View Post
Still have trouble getting pic's on only allow one at a time--------Any ways Here is the full story---was out calling all night got home around 8:30am Sat down on the recliner fell asleep-Planned to go out after I recharged was close to 0 Degrees all night---Woke at 9:45 made coffee and was eating a bowl cereal . When this coyote comes running through the back yard and chasing the Deer feeding there. I grabbed the closes gun near me --which was my HMR Squirrel gun--my coyote guns were still in the truck and others in the gun room--so the HMR was put into service in a hurry--Its killed its share of coyotes before but never this distance --He was heading for the field behind the garage by the time I got there he was half way across it on a dead run. In desperation I put the crosshairs [dot] two feet in front of his head and shot-He dropped like he was hit with a sledge hammer got up spun twice and it was over .A dang Raven landed on him before his last kick-I thought is was a head shot but later found out it was a T.H.S. just missed the Bulls eye by a inch or so----this is real goofy went to put another round in chamber and Mag was empty, I had forgot to load the mag up after shooting Red Squirrels earlier in the week. I went and got the range finder and he was laying 140 yds from where I shot-I guess it was just meant to be-----Now I know Most will say I'm pulling your leg with this story AND ITS HARD FOR ME TO BELIEVE IT HAPPENED TOO--but I'm telling the truth and nothing but the truth so help me GOD---------AT 71 I need all the Help I can get--------------skip {Swampbuck}

Well,.....OK.... if it were anyone else besides you though.....; )
Old 05-08-2018, 07:42 PM

THANKS Navy

svb