Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > General Discussion > Introductions

Introductions Don't be a stranger! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves to the rest of the community in this forum.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:21 PM

Default New shooter

Hi there, I am located down in Australia in a southern state where the foxes are starting to breed again in springtime.

My name is Dave. Wicked Jimmy was the name of a wooden spoon my grandmother used to threaten us kids with if we were naughty. I always liked the name of that thing but I made sure I stayed away from it.

I live in a country town and I have been shooting since I was about seven or eight years old. They are great memories, my dad teaching me to shoot with an old air rifle that was too heavy for me to hold up at the time. I went on to have a .22 then shotguns and centre fires. I remember I really wanted a .22 with a scope but he wouldn't buy me one, saying that if I could shoot with iron sights then I would be a better shot.

Anyway I have a Sako stainless hunter in the grey laminated stock chambered in .204 Ruger for foxes which I have only just purchased. I am putting a Nightforce NXS on it when I go and collect it.

I bought that rifle because I also have a Sako Finnlight in .308 for pig shooting. Sakos just have something I love.

I have great fox country to shoot on and just purchased a Fox Pro Inferno. I hope I can bring you some photos of my success with it. I am yet to have a proper hunt with it.
Cheers
Dave
Old 09-12-2017, 08:32 PM

Welcome to the FoxPro Forums! Looking forward to your posts.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:46 AM

Thank you, happy to learn about my new Inferno.