Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Media Center > FOXPRO FurTakers TV Show

FOXPRO FurTakers TV Show Get show schedules, field reports, and the latest info on FOXPRO's new TV show

Old 04-01-2017, 12:24 AM

Location: Southernmost Illinois.... 6.5 hours south of Chicago
Default Info on equipment.....

I think it would be kind of interesting to know on each episode what gun, caliber, ammo, scope, etc are being used or for that matter post a list here some where. Even the past series stuff..... I would like to know why Fur Takers left Night force and went to US Optics...... among other things.

It seems there is some bouncing around on guns in some show segments or perhaps I am just not getting it all.

I have also noticed on several shows the "friends" are shooting Ruger guns with the same scope set ups...... while on others the guest is using something else. If the Ruger is not the gun they normally shoot I sure would like to know what they shoot. I am a Ruger #1 guy so it does not have anything to do with differences other than what those other folks like....

Just asking.........

Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator/Lead Instructor
Shotgun Team Coach
Southeastern Illinois College
SCTP Collegiate Coaches Chairman
NSCA Level III
Old 04-01-2017, 10:22 AM

Actually if one is familiar with rifles and gear it's fairly easy to see what is used. The Ruger models they use only come in so many cals. They often mention the calibers, grain, and brand of ammo as well....they sort of have to....it's all in the name of sponsorship...if you listen, you can eventually hear the brands of everything. Also, the gear is listed under sponsors on the show.

The older shows did have a spot where in the corner of the screen a block would come up with gear used. Be neat if that came back in some form.

Hard to see a FurTakers now without a Ruger Precision Rifle, Ruger American Predator, Ruger Predator, Or Ruger 556.....or a shout out to Hornady Ammunition.....; )

If you don't know Abners favorite Hornady factory load in 204 or 243 or Big Al's favorite load for the R556 by now you are not watching enough.....; )
Old 04-02-2017, 10:46 AM

Ordie:

Yea, at 70 years old I have had my hands on most all of what they shoot.... liked/like them all save for the AR's.... never got friendly with them but may this year. Thinking about a 6.5 Grendel all match grade. My big hold up there is the trigger..... I want one that goes off via telepathy but not by the force of the action ...... (under 1 lb) but I dont know if thats possible......

My real reason was for some of the new folks that are watching these shows who may not have as strong a gun background as you and I. I really don't give a hoot what Abner shoots in his wiz bang what ever. However for some novice that might be good info... same with all their other goodies..... I am not afraid to look for info when I need it and I think we should make it easily available to new folks.

Just a thought.....

Bruce A. Hering
Shotgun Team Coach
NSCA Level III

Last edited by huntschool; 04-02-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:13 AM

I guess after thinking about this, I really wanted to know what was being used in the pre Ruger/Night force era.... For instance I see a Swarovski, scope on what appears to be a Remington rifle That Drunkenmiller is using in the 100 series shows.... so what is the rig.....

Bruce A. Hering
Shotgun Team Coach
NSCA Level III
Old 04-22-2017, 12:15 AM

Really, no comments.. I thought ya all were gun and scope guys.....

Bruce A. Hering
Shotgun Team Coach
NSCA Level III