Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Products > FOXPRO Decoys

FOXPRO Decoys Discuss the FOXPRO Jack-in-the-Box Decoy, decoy toppers, and all related items here.

Old 11-27-2020, 03:53 PM

Default Fox Jack won't turn off remotely

I have had a Fusion for many years and I have a Fox Jack attached to it. It is probably a Fox Jack 1 because it just says Fox Jack on the original packaging. The problem is that the TX 1000 remote only controls the Fox Jack intermittently. It hasn't always been this way and it seems to have gotten worse the last year or two.
If the Fox Jack is switched on but not operating, the remote will always turn it on with a single push to the AUX button. If the Fox Jack is on and running the remote almost never turns the Fox Jack off. When it finally does work it may take 5, 25, or more presses. The remote shows a ((Y)) in the upper left hand corner of the screen when I push the AUX button. I think it is the Fox Jack because I installed it on my old Fury with a TX500 remote and it does the exact same thing-turns on every time but seldom turns the decoy off.
*The batteries are connected correctly and the connections are tight.
*The remote is set to Momentary.
*It doesn't matter if I hold the AUX button for 1/2 second, 1 second, or 5 seconds.
*The AUX cable from the decoy is tightly plugged into the AUX jack.
Was there a recall or known issue with these first Fox Jack units that I missed? It's very annoying when I am hunting in the cold and I can't remotely turn off the decoy and it just keeps running, eating up precious battery power.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:10 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

You need to call the techs at Foxpro.

Tags
fox jack issue, fusion aux