Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Crow Hunting

Crow Hunting Share your experiences, tips, techniques, and thoughts about crow hunting here.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:05 PM

I sold my MoJo decoy and bought a couple Ure-A-Duck Assault crow decoys. They're a good idea, but on the expensive side. It takes a good wind to get them to really move around.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:43 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

I have had better results with a Hawk decoy coupled with the Crippled Crow Decoy which uses George Brint's invention "The Decoy Heart". Start out with the Hawk and Crow fight and switch over to Dying Crow and it can be terrific action.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumal View Post
I have had better results with a Hawk decoy coupled with the Crippled Crow Decoy which uses George Brint's invention "The Decoy Heart". Start out with the Hawk and Crow fight and switch over to Dying Crow and it can be terrific action.
Al where died you get the decoys and decoy heart I haven't found them online!
Old 02-20-2015, 01:28 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

I have had all my crow hunting stuff for quite a long time. You should be able to find products and info at this link:

http://www.crowbusters.com/cgi-bin/index.asp
Old 05-31-2015, 08:35 PM

I ordered a "Lucky Duck Triple Play Crow Decoy" but haven't had a chance to use it. It looks really good though. Other then that i have heard of people using Mojo Dove and just spray painting them black. I have NOT tried this myself though. I will be parting with one my mine this fall and seeing if it is effective.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:29 PM

I bought two plastic "bats" after Halloween for $2 a piece. They take 2 AA batteries and will fly around in a circle flapping their wings when suspended, or flop on the ground. They really seem to work.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:15 PM

I know its late for this post but I have a good amount of experience with motion decoys for crow now. You can still get a Mojo Crow. I bout mine right before crow season last year off of Amazon. There are still a few sites that will have some left in storage. That being said the mojo crow was by far the least affective motion decoy i have used due to the fact that its a spinner. I have used 2 different spinners and they HATED them both. Flappers did work better but the best results i had with a motion decoy was a Triple Play motion decoy. It has three fully flocked decoys (FFD) on a central motor and they rotate to look like they are feeding. I dont know if its just the crow here that are shy about the flappers or spinners but they DID NOT like them at all. I did however have good luck with the Mojo Crow by laying on the ground on its side with only one wing. I would put an owl decoy beside it and the rest of my decoys where in a fighting setup and i wouldnt be able to keep my gun loaded it was so action packed. I stopped doing that unless i had 1 or 2 more people with me to shoot since the morning would be over a lot quicker then if i did a feeding set and soft calling. Also you might want to take a look at the Boondockeroutdoors site. I have about a dozen of their decoys for the farther in setups on public land. They also have an attachment for your Foxjack that is a crow wing so no need to track down a mojo crow. Hope that helps.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:00 PM

Has anyone used an Assault decoy? I've been tempted but haven't pulled the trigger on them yet. https://youtu.be/nbGnKSR0pPM
Old 12-21-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Has anyone used an Assault decoy? I've been tempted but haven't pulled the trigger on them yet. https://youtu.be/nbGnKSR0pPM
Havent used one myself but have seen them used in several of the British shooting sports videos. They seem to work for them pretty well though. I have thought about trying it out myself but like you just havent pulled the trigger yet.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:25 AM

Go to Lucky Duck Decoys. They have 3 crows that are moving in a feeding motion. I think they are around $ 69.99