Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > Hunting > Feline Hunting

Feline Hunting No, not the place for housecats. This is for the "other"cats, including bobcats and mountain lions (the BIG cats).

Old 02-22-2019, 02:29 PM

I haven't tried it yet but where I can get in nice and close to where all the tracks have been I will probably start with the volume 20.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:33 PM

To Night Eyes, your question wasn't intended for me, but I have successfully called in 2 toms with it. I started first at an 8 out of 20 and then gradually went up to 16-18ish out of 20. Figured if they were close, the 8 wouldn't spook them. But, I believe they ended up coming in from way past 300 yards and I do believe that if I wouldn't have cranked up the volume, I wouldn't have had success with those 2 cats. I hope this helps, and I hope you get a chance to reel one in with that heat call.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:38 PM

Should have clarified, I have the firestorm remote. It goes up to 20 volume. That bobcat in-heat call sounds so dang realistic. I make sure and turn my front and rear speakers on. With both on, you can hear the gruff at the very end of each squall. And the good thing is, at least on mine, is that it sounds just as good on 20 as it does on 5. There is no distortion or overbearing sounds.

Tags
bobcat