Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Products > Accessories & Other

Accessories & Other Discuss all other FOXPRO products from batteries and chargers, carrying cases, lanyards, and all other products in this forum.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:15 PM

Default battery charger question

Got a shockwave with a rechargeable battery pack. I unplug the battery pack from the caller and plug it into the charger into the wall socket. the l.e.d. light flashes red and green a couple times stays red for a couple minutes then goes out completely.Is this the normal operation for this charger? Also I have a charger that plugs directly into the front of the caller. Which would be the preferred method of charging the shockwave. Thanks for any help.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:55 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Some smart chargers perform like you described, but a green light usually comes on when the batteries are fully charged. Have you checked the battery pack out thoroughly when the light goes out?

Best bet is to call the techs at Foxpro, especially if the equipment is supplied by Foxpro. Normally speaking, I prefer the method where you are charging the batteries out of the ecaller. You are always better off charging outside of the ecaller, in my opinion.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:17 PM

Let me start by saying fox pro products are exceptional however with limited financial resources I went with the Tenergy TN438 16 bay LCD Smart Battery Charger for AA/AAA NiCd NiIMH batteries some of the things I like about it are you can charge 1 to 16 batteries at a time, you can choose to discharge the batteries before charging, which I Understand extends the life and power of the battery, Plus it shuts off automatically when the batteries are fully charged so you don't have to keep checking the batteries in the battery pack to see if they are starting to get warm additionally a BIG Plus was that it was less than half the price of the 8 bay FP charger and I'd rather spend the difference buying other things for hunting like a new scope for the new rifle
Sako Forester 22-250 55 Gr Sierra Spitzer Boattails
Browning A Bolt 30-06 tack driver
Remington Model 600 Mohawk 243 100 gr Gamekings

Last edited by Jingles; 01-03-2019 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:42 AM
FOXPRO Field Staff

You can get the 12 bay Tenergy for $29.95 right now on sale. Unless you feel you need to charge 16 batteries at one time, that is one hell of a deal. The 16 bay unit is seling for $44.95.
Old 01-05-2019, 05:27 PM

Al
Thanks for the info, I got my 16 bay b3cause of all the rechargeables I have in addition to the FoxPro batteries seems Mrs Clause has all these battery operated outdoor Christmas decorations that run on AA's so we put rechargeable in.
Sako Forester 22-250 55 Gr Sierra Spitzer Boattails
Browning A Bolt 30-06 tack driver
Remington Model 600 Mohawk 243 100 gr Gamekings
Old 01-05-2019, 08:15 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

You can pay for a charger pretty quick when you use a lot of rechargeables. Being able to charge AA or AAA is a big plus too.

One important point I haven't seen mentioned in any of the battery discussions is the importance of buying rechargeable batteries that are "Slow self discharge", which is another way of talking about shelf life. I recently watched a video where a battery Geek showed that high mAh rating if not as important as the slow self discharge. He was testing batteries that were supposedly 2600 mAh, but they didn't test out that way. He put them through several charge and discharge tests, and the highest they ever rated was about 1,400 mAh.