Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Products > FOXPRO Decoys

FOXPRO Decoys Discuss the FOXPRO Jack-in-the-Box Decoy, decoy toppers, and all related items here.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:15 PM

Default Jack in the box mod

Well we were out in -30c conditions on the weekend and I accidentally dropped my decoy, the battery tray shattered so I had to convert my jack in the box to one 6v battery . Pretty happy with how she turned out. Gotta hit rc shop for the tamiya battery connectors the same as my Krakatoa batteries and charger. Rigged up my charger with same connectors for now, than I don't half to pull battery out to charge. Wish they still made the jack in the box , best decoy ever made.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:23 PM

That looks like something right out of an episode of Macgyver. Cool!
Old 12-13-2016, 10:25 PM

That sounds like the kind of conditions I'm accustomed to hunting in. Out of curiosity what is your favorite Foxpro?
Old 12-13-2016, 10:29 PM

I have owned every decoy and caller made pretty much . I love my Krakatoa, I've owned it for quite awhile , most guys thought I was crazy buying it , it's so big they all said , well when it's windy I'm still calling not sitting on couch. My favourite decoy is the jack in the box , I call lots of pothole lakes and the ground is frozen when we're after dogs hard , you can't push a spike decoy into the ground or ice. Once dogs see the big topper bopping around they are committed.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:54 PM

My buddy has a Krakatoa 1 also and it works great for him. I wired up an external 30 watt TOA for him and with both of those 30 watts going the volume is insane.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:58 PM

Wow that would be loud. I've read so many articles where guys say too loud and you scare coyotes away , I just laugh , come hunt with me and my Krakatoa I say , it is loud. Few my buddies have the Krakatoa II and it don't sound as good with the plastic speaker as mine. The original Krakatoa has aluminum speaker.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:00 PM

Just an FYI if you are contemplating upgrading to the Krakatoa 2 make sure you do not sell the one you have until you test it beside the 2. I purchased and returned 2 Krakatoa 2's last year. I tested them side by side with my Buds Krakatoa 1 and I thought the volume and sound quality were noticeably lacking compared to the 1.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:02 PM

I agree , I've loaded sounds for 3 Krakatoa II units and I wouldn't buy one. Hope they go back to original speaker.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:14 PM

Ha you took the words right out of my mouth! I have to say I feel somewhat vindicated by your comments. I've been posting about my disappointment with the Krakatoa 2 and CS-24C units I have personally tested and I have encountered nothing but denial and excuses from Foxpro Reps about why I was mistaken and didn't know what I was talking about. You are absolutely spot on about the plastic knock off speaker. It is in no way as durable or as good sounding as the reputable aluminum TOA.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:56 PM

Got the Tamiya battery connector soldered on now, I'm pretty sure the decoy is actually faster now with this battery setup, not that it matters too much. Wish they still made this decoy.