Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Products > Accessories & Other

Accessories & Other Discuss all other FOXPRO products from batteries and chargers, carrying cases, lanyards, and all other products in this forum.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:16 PM

Default battery connector

Where can the battery connector and charger connector be obtained? Anyone have a source for it. This is the connector used on the 10 AA battery pack.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-08-2016, 10:06 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Probably Radio Shack or Batteries Plus. You might want to give FoxPro a try.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:14 PM

I had thought of those places but without a part # or maybe manufacturer's brand (I'm sure FoxPro doesn't mold their own plastic connectors), one almost needs to be able to try it out (in person) to see if it fits. No Shacks around here (and they have petty much gotten out of the parts business) nor a Batteries Plus.

That is why I was hoping to find someone here that had ordered it and knew the correct part number.

I guess I'll give FoxPro a yell and see if they can assist. Thanks
Old 12-12-2016, 08:22 AM
FOXPRO Field Staff

As long as you know the model number of your FoxPro ecaller, they know which battery connector it takes.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:32 PM

Sent an e-mail to FoxPro.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:48 PM

Did you look in "Accessories"?......if it's what I think you are talking about you can buy the whole pack w/connector for $7.50
Old 12-12-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAVYORDIE View Post
Did you look in "Accessories"?......if it's what I think you are talking about you can buy the whole pack w/connector for $7.50
I need only the connector and also the connector that is on the caller side of the connection too.

I have a high end battery charger (it costs more than the FoxPro Banshee) purchased for my RC plane hobby. As such, I would like to use it to charge the NiMh pack for the Banshee since the factory charger loves to cook them nice and hot, which is indeed a shame. Yes, I could get by with a couple of jumper clips but would prefer to use a connector. Anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:38 PM

FoxPro told me that the connectors are made by Tamiya. I remember them making RC model cars many years back when I used to race. Tamiya makes a couple of sizes and from the looks of it, these are the old-style large body connectors. I ordered a few from Amazon....hopefully they will be the correct ones.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:39 PM

Update: Bought a bag of 10 connector pairs for $9 shipped via Amazon. They are the older style Tamiya connector, now referred to as the "big" style. These are just what you need if you wish to make your own battery pack, adapter cable, etc.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona98tj View Post
Update: Bought a bag of 10 connector pairs for $9 shipped via Amazon. They are the older style Tamiya connector, now referred to as the "big" style. These are just what you need if you wish to make your own battery pack, adapter cable, etc.
Arizona...Would you have an Amazon part number? I need the exact same fitting for my new Banshee. I found a 10 AA battery pack on Amazon for $4 for 2 of them. They come with a pigtail, but no connector. I also saw a bag of 10 connectors on Amazon for $14 that look right, but no way to know for sure without trying them. Which caller do you use?

Thanks for any info.

R