Go Back   FOXPRO Forums > FOXPRO Sounds > Sound Reports

Sound Reports Having a lot of success with a particular sound? Post in here to share what sounds are hot and which ones are not! Also, a great place to share some of your favorite FOXPRO Foxcast sequences!

Old 02-29-2016, 07:33 PM

Default Pup screams

Wow, i had not even played this sound to see wat it sounded like until yesterday afternoon. I had been using pup distress 3 and wasntvvery fond of the sound so i decided to try it and in my opinion it is the best sound on my inferno. I had a yote come charging in after a few minutes but he came from the most unlikely place i would have thought so by the time i got turned around he was downwind and gone lol. But i think pup screams will produce my first yote soon i think especialy if i play fox fight or fox distress then pup scream to make it sound like a yote an fox fightin or maybe some howls then pup screams to sound like 2 yotes scrapping.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:52 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Coyote pup screams is a great sound, no doubt about that. However, if it ends up being responsible for anywhere near the killed coyotes as Coyote Pup Distress 3, it will surely be called a big success.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumal View Post
Coyote pup screams is a great sound, no doubt about that. However, if it ends up being responsible for anywhere near the killed coyotes as Coyote Pup Distress 3, it will surely be called a big success.
Yea i jus fell in love with the pup scream soon as i heard it..and pup distress 3 is a good sound i think im jus a little skittish with it right now bcuz to me it jus sounds like a very young pup and in my area most pups arent born until april or may so as far realism goes i think it mite sound unnatural to a yote to hear very young pup this time of year but think it mite be a dynamite sound in a couple months. And only reason im putting so much emphasis on the realism factor is the yotes on the property around my house seem very callshy, which is most likely my fault bcuz i tried some handcalls before i bought my inferno. But i did get lucky and got permission on 4 or 5 farms totaling over 1000 acres in the next county over and nobody has ever hunted them on those farms so i mite have good lck with pup distress 3
Old 02-29-2016, 09:01 PM

And it may just be me bcuz im new to hunting yotes..but i do know i made it harder for myself when i first started hunting the yotes around my house bcuz i was learning to use the handcalls and didnt know as much about hunting them as i do now.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:24 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

IMO, you don't need to worry about coyotes thinking something is wrong to hear young pups in distress at a particular time of year. They'll come anytime of year to pup distress. All the pups aren't born at the same time, and even if they were, that wouldn't keep coyotes from responding. The late Rich Cronk and I agreed that a good percentage of the time, coyotes come to pup distress just because it is something in distress, not just parental protective traits. If there is any butt kicking going on in their territory, they want to be the ones doing it.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
IMO, you don't need to worry about coyotes thinking something is wrong to hear young pups in distress at a particular time of year. They'll come anytime of year to pup distress. All the pups aren't born at the same time, and even if they were, that wouldn't keep coyotes from responding. The late Rich Cronk and I agreed that a good percentage of the time, coyotes come to pup distress just because it is something in distress, not just parental protective traits. If there is any butt kicking going on in their territory, they want to be the ones doing it.
Ok thanx for clearing that up for me..probally just my ocd paranoia taking over lol. Like i said im new to this and before getting into yote hunting the only calling ive done is for deer and turkey and i know they seem to pay attention to detail more so than yotes. I use lighting jack alot and ofcourse there are no jackrabbits in nc. I know i still have alot to learn and definatly not giving up bcuz im addicted to it and now since ive had a few close calls recently it just makes my addiction worse, its got so bad that i think instead of taking my vacation to deer hunt the ohio rut im gonna plan on a week of yote hunting on public land out west or midwest like south dakota haha
Old 02-29-2016, 09:58 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

That's just my thinking on it, but it doesn't make it the law of the land. One thing you said in your last comment indicates just how new you are to this, and it sort of made me laugh. Thinking that a deer or turkey pays more attention to a detail is not close to correct from my point of view. Ask yourself this "Are deer or turkey eating coyotes?" Coyotes feed real well on both of those species.

Glad you are addicted to the sport. As time goes by, you'll see it is the very best.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
That's just my thinking on it, but it doesn't make it the law of the land. One thing you said in your last comment indicates just how new you are to this, and it sort of made me laugh. Thinking that a deer or turkey pays more attention to a detail is not close to correct from my point of view. Ask yourself this "Are deer or turkey eating coyotes?" Coyotes feed real well on both of those species.

Glad you are addicted to the sport. As time goes by, you'll see it is the very best.
Good point, what i meant by paying attention to detail is the sound of the call i know ive had turkey cumn in and accidentally hit a bad note with the diaphram and they quit gobbling and never show..ive called in alot of turkey and some nice bucks but the yote is by far the smartedt and hardest animal to hunt i believe.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:44 PM
FOXPRO Field Staff

Old Wiley is one shrewd dude. The more you think along those lines, the better you'll do. A great trapper of the past told me if I wanted to have success hunting coyotes that I needed to learn to think like a coyote. I believe that was the best advice I ever got.

Good luck to you.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Old Wiley is one shrewd dude. The more you think along those lines, the better you'll do. A great trapper of the past told me if I wanted to have success hunting coyotes that I needed to learn to think like a coyote. I believe that was the best advice I ever got.

Good luck to you.
Sounds like good advice, im usin that theory on lookin for places to make a set, looking at the terrain thinkin if i was a yote what would b the best way to sneak in